1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

New book just out

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by TheAce, Jan 11, 2003.

1. TheAce

TheAce Guest

A friend of mine recently passed on to me a thin paperback that I found fascinating, titled "If The Bible Is Really True...You Could Be In Big Trouble." I never read anything like this before. It's as hard-hitting as anything I ever read, and the author seems dead against the idea of "God's unconditional love" or the idea that "God really loves everyone." And the amazing thing is--he seems to make his point!

The book covers a number of subjects and doesn't hesitate to be politically--or religiously--incorrect. If you want your thinking and preconceived ideas challenged I would recommend it.

2. John Miller

John Miller New Member

Who is the author?

[ January 11, 2003, 01:31 PM: Message edited by: John Miller ]

3. TheAce

TheAce Guest

I gave the book back and can't remember the author, Christmas, confusion, books all over the place, etc. When other guy gets back I'll find out. (I'm over 60, must be coming down with Alzheimers, or something. Incidents like this gets me worried.)

But the writer says things like (1) Mother Teresa gives out dangerous spiritual advice, (2) Angels are God's killers (hit men), (3) The Jews killed Christ and there's no way this can be denied, (4) You are supposed to argue about religion, and Christians are supposed to judge other people---and he backs it all up from Scripture!

I do remember seeing in the front of the book buybooksontheweb.com

4. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I really wouldn't care to read this book!... But I will leave this one thought with you!... If It's Not... You are!... Search the scriptures for in them ye think ye have eternal life and they are they that testify of ME!... Welcome to the BB The Ace and if you haven't already go to the Welcoming Forum and introduce yourself and tell us a little about you... Looking forward to reading further posts by The Ace!... Brother Glen [​IMG]