1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

New Camp .....

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by wpe3bql, Nov 9, 2015.

1. wpe3bql

wpe3bql Member

...... Director Family Needed.

On Saturday, November 7, 2015, I traveled to Smithville TN [That's the USPS designation, but it's not really "center-city" Smithville where I was headed.]

For years, Lighthouse Christian Camp [LCC] ( www.lighthousechristiancamp.com [.org is a different camp] ) has existed under the direction of Bro. Ben Chapman. Its primary mission is to serve as a summer camp for disadvantaged children who mostly live in economically (and spiritually) challenged areas..... a/k/a "the Projects" and/or "the 'Hood.'"

Moreover, God spoke to Bro. Ben to increase LCC's outreach to not only disadvantaged children, but also to what His Word says in James 1:27 ---- "We must care for orphans and widows in their troubles." Isn't that what "Pure and lasting religion" is all about?

As a result, beautiful homes for orphans and widows now grace LCC's campus as well.

This kind of outreach means an even greater physical burden for a man of God nearing 80 YO.

Brother Ben and his beloved wife of 50+ years soon will not be neither physically or mentally capable to continue in their capacities that they've done so for some 40 years now.

On the African continent is a former British Commonwealth nation once known as Rhodesia but now is called Zimbabwe. It is one of the world's worse nations for "human trafficking of youths of both genders," and its government has done little or nothing to end this godless means of enhancing its coffers. Needless to say, it is not a country that welcomes Biblical efforts to reach "anyone," especially those youths whose hearts, bodies, minds, and souls need release from Satan's enslavement.

That is basically why a younger family's Christian camp practically similar to LCCs' ministry(-ies) was destroyed and this couple were forced out of the land to which God called them.

Neither the Zimbabwean bureaucracies, nor our own officials within the Homeland (In)Security Department want this Christian family to continue ministering to our future generation(s). A letter from a top-level official of our H(I)SD pretty much guaranteed that this family will NOT be on its fast track for clearance to enter the US.

However, God can change all that!

Please be much in prayer for this family whose names cannot be published for obvious reasons.

Pray for their safety. Pray for God to hedge about them. Pray that God will change each and every person's hearts who seek to delay and discourage them. Pray that, if it's God's will that they come to LCC as her new Directors, they'll arrive at Smithville---even BEFORE Thanksgiving! ..... And, if the GOD that WE serve has other plans for them, "Thy Will Be Done."

You can visit LCC's website for a better idea of what LCC is all about, but that website cannot go into detail about what this prayer request is asking----Again, you can understand why the website cannot do this.

Just as Joseph and Daniel experienced delays during their lives---delays that all of us sometimes experience when we seek to serve God in some special way(s)---we sometime question God's timetable of why we don't get that for which we pray (I can testify to that!) WHEN WE WANT IT---usually by yesterday, last week at the latest.

God knows when and who He wants to be directing LCC.

All I ask is that He open up LCC's Directorship "In His Time."

Thank you.