1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

New Church Website!

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by tonydhill, Jan 15, 2003.

1. tonydhill

tonydhill Guest

Hello everyone! Just wanted to tell you all about our new church website. It's the first in our association where we live, so I pray others will follow.

Visit www.springhillbc.net today!

2. LindaB

LindaB New Member

congrats on the website, a lot of work I can tell!
    I like the Photo Center, very cool idea

3. HeDied4U

HeDied4U Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A very nice site, but I do have a question. Is it wise to include the church directory, complete with phone numbers? It wouldn't take a computer savvy 'sicko' long to track down addresses, or even more personal information.

Other than that, like I said, a very nice site.

God Bless!!!

Adam [​IMG]

On Eagles Wings

[ January 15, 2003, 09:34 PM: Message edited by: HeDied4U ]

4. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agree with the above.

Scenario:

I just added Pat Cotney's e-mail address to my spam list.

I've used the phone numbers available to do reverse look-ups, and now have the addresses of every member that had a phone number next to their name. I can now start unsolicited mass mailings; or worse, several of them had multiple names, which I can infer to mean children in the family. I can now go "check them out."

I would recommend that you remove the e-mail address for "Contact Us" and use a web form instead; if you need, I've found a relatively easy one that can be installed in minutes. This will keep the spam harvesters from adding you to their lists.

It was probably the computer I'm using at the moment, but none of the BraveNet-related things (guestbook, message board, photo center, etc.) would come through. Probably the firewall I'm behind, and nothing to do with your web site. I'll check it out later this evening.

A LOT of work, and well done. Like your logo at the top.