1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured New Direction for Fundamentalists?

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by humblethinker, Apr 18, 2013.

1. humblethinker

humblethinker Active Member

Perhaps, instead, one is only ignorant of Northland? Besides, it was a question posed and not an assertion made.

Xers? What are those?

2. humblethinker

humblethinker Active Member

Aaaaaaaannnnnnddddd... he's outta there. That didn't take long at all!

Here's his resignation:
    Dear Friends,

It has been a great joy for me to serve at Northland for these past eleven years. On Thursday, April 25, 2013, our board of directors determined it to be in the best interest of this ministry to move forward with new leadership. I accept this as a decision from the Lord as he sovereignly works through the authorities placed in my life. I plan to finish this current academic year through to May 11, 2013, doing everything I can to help the board, faculty, staff, and students, toward a healthy transition. I have a great desire to see Northland do well. I would also like to express a very sincere thanks to the Patz family for allowing Diane and me to be a part of what God is doing here in northeast Wisconsin. We look forward to what God has in the future and our hearts continue to burn for God’s glory and the work of the great commission.

Your friend and fellow servant,

Matt Olson

An interesting comment here: “One of the Main Reasons So Many of the Best Men…Have Left The Fundamentalist Movement”

3. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

I find the term "secondary fundamentals" fascinating primarily because the world has used the strategy of renaming things then assigning a new meaning to the new name and making it negative to be associated with it. Finally branding those who stick with the original name and interpretation as being grievously in error. An illustration is found in queer (strange) to gay with queer now being branded as hate speech.

Is it not true that the whole reasoning behind the new term "secondary fundamentals" is that the desire of those who do not agree with the King James, separation, modest apparel etc. want to criminalize those standards and therefore they separate what they do not want as part of their life style and give it a new name which in time they will define as evil, or unchristian?

Shame on us for joining the world in their open attack on believers. Mark 9:38-39 And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us. But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me.

God bless!