1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

New Dual Degree program @Liberty: become a Lawyer and Minister at the same time!

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Havensdad, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

2. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dual Degree Reponse

Tim,

Vanderbilt has been doing this for a long time. Beeson/Samford has a program to do the same thing if I remember correctly.

FYI! :thumbsup:

4. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    They are talking about a online MA in Public Policy. Since I need to get 18 graduate hours in political science I am hoping the new program will contain enough classes for me to get the hours. Not sure though.

5. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Should be interesting to see how many actually step up for the program and its long term impact.

I've heard of these combos before. One friend (a Methodist) got an MDiv with an MBA. Would have loved to have gotten something like that, but settled for a simple MDiv. :)

6. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    True... maybe "becoming" was incorrect. More like "has been doing". I know Wake Forrest U does this as well. Liberty is just keepin up with the times i guess.

7. TomVols

TomVols New Member

At Samford, you can get the M.Div with the MBA, JD, or a MAT. This was a strong pull for me to go to Beeson. Problem is, I would've wanted to do three of them :thumbs:

8. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Is that so a preacher can defend himself against some of the congregation. Years ago I could have used a law degree and license to practice when I had a youth worker who had an altercation with a youth.

It might also be a good thing to put some fear in some of the gossips in the church too.

9. Carpenter

Carpenter Member

Hmmm... That sound pretty interesting. I Just completed my Undergrad from Liberty in 2009 and have bee trying to decide whether to pursue a Masters in Biblical Studies or go for another Bachelors in something else. I'm gonna check this out.