New Feature Rollouts - Responses

Discussion in 'Member Questions, Feedback & Suggestions' started by Santha, Feb 23, 2016.

1. Santha

Santha
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Administrator

Moving all the responses to this thread, to maintain the original thread clear and easily readable.

2. Darrell C

Darrell C
    Expand Collapse

Have you been able to look into adding a simple "QUOTE" feature to the prompts?

Like the new feature/s though, so thanks again for what you have done so far.

God bless.

3. Santha

Santha
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Administrator

Have you tried this yet - it is very similar to what you're looking for?
    Q1.png Q2.png

4. Darrell C

Darrell C
    Expand Collapse

Now that was pretty cool, Santha, lol...the page exploded!

Yes, I am familiar with the quoting options we currently have, in view is a prompt in the functions. A you are replying, look above the space you are typing in.
    Right now the functions are arranged so that "Use BB Editor Code" is top left. That is a prompt for a function (just to define the terms I am using). To the right of that is prompt "Remove Formatting." On many forums, there will also be a prompt for quoting, often identified with an icon that depicts a "cartoon bubble," so to speak, or it might actually say "QUOTE."

We don't currently have that function, so I cannot highlight a portion in my response, hit quote, and thus isolate in the response as a quote. I do like the function where we can highlight something in a post and import it into the response.

But a quote function will be helpful as well.

And I really like the multi-quote function, that is pretty cool.

Again, thanks for what you do, and thanks for giving attention to this request. On my own forums I can go to the Admin section and look for functions that can be installed onto the forum, so I don't know if you have something like that with this host, and doubt that you need it, I can tell you are very good at this and admire your knowledge about computers. Me, I am a computer dummy of the highest order, lol.

God bless.

5. Santha

Santha
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Administrator

There are ways to customize the editor.
    Option 1 - To mess with the templates.
    But whenever we do this, it becomes hard to maintain this - especially with forum upgrades.

Option 2 - Plugins ( this is a round about way of doing it)
    But whenever we do this, a lot happens in the background.
    Slowing down the page.

I think it can be definitely useful to our members.
    I will keep this on the to do list and will implement it when I come up with a better solution.

• Like Like x 1