1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

New Forum - Library/Reference

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by rlvaughn, Mar 15, 2002.

1. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The webmaster has added a new forum - the Library/Reference Forum. This forum intended to contain "some of the 'best' answers for certain subjects." In the Library/Reference forum you will find "old" topics that deal with frequently asked questions and/or important subjects. The forum is brand new, so there are only a few topics located in it presently. You might want to suggest some old threads as "keepers" that would be helpful to new members.

A Helpful Suggestion
    Since many of the topics have not been posted to recently, you may have a problem with them not showing up when you chose the Library/Reference Forum. For example, I have the my setting to show topics over the past 45 days. When I select the Library/Reference forum, no topics are displayed, since they are all over 45 days old. To remedy this, go to the right side of the screen, near the top, and select "show all topics." Then everything in the forum will be displayed.

2. Clint Kritzer

Clint Kritzer Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If any of the old timers here remember a thread that may be appropriate for this forum, let us know and we will help you find it!

- Clint

3. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Great new forum.

4. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes indeed, but please remember folks that the Library forum is for reading only. All topics are locked and your comments can no longer be added to any of the threads. [​IMG]

5. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    WHAT! :mad: :mad: :mad:

All threads in the Library are LOCKED and I can't add to them or change them?

Man, next thing you know, when I go to a REAL library they won't let me write in the books there. Or color. Or clip a few kewl pages. :rolleyes:

Wise decision. Two thumbs up! ;)

Shhhhhhhhhhh [​IMG]

6. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wish I had taken more care with spelling ... :rolleyes:

7. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who is in charge of the library cards?... Brother Glen ;)

8. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have bumped up all the old topics in the Library/Reference, thereby making them (temporarily) a little easier to find. For those of you who are new to the Baptist Board, read the suggestion below. It will help you find topics that do not readily appear.

REPEATING A HELPFUL SUGGESTION

Since the topics have been locked, they will have no continuing posts to keep them current. Therefore, you may have a problem with them not showing up when you choose the Library/Reference Forum. For example, I had my setting to "show topics over the past 45 days." When I selected the Library/Reference forum, no topics were displayed, since they were all over 45 days old. To remedy this, go to the right side of the screen, near the top, and select "show all topics." Then everything in the forum will be displayed.