1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

New Hope Baptist Association - Georgia

Discussion in 'Baptist History' started by Fred the Baptist, May 3, 2005.

1. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm bumping this up in case someone might have found something, but forgot about the thread.

2. jason footwasing baptist

3. jason footwasing baptist

</font>[/QUOTE]

4. rlvaughn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi, Jason. Welcome to the Baptist Board.

[​IMG]

5. jason footwasing baptist

6. jason footwasing baptist

</font>[/QUOTE]

7. rlvaughn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jason, I look forward to your discussing what you know about the New Hope Baptist Association and/or the term streaked-head Baptists. Seeing you are a footwashing Baptist in north Georgia, I expect you have direct experience and are a member of a church that practices feetwashing in church capacity.

8. jason footwasing baptist

9. jason footwasing baptist

Mr. Vaughn, I have visited and preached at several churches in the New Hope Association,but I am a member of a church in another association in the North GA hills. We do practice foot washing. Some churches in our association have communion and footwashing twice a year one in spring and one in fall , but some just hold it once a year. I first took part in these services at age 13 the age I was saved and have continued in the way every since.

10. rlvaughn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jason, you mentioned you've never heard of these churches being called streaked heads. I expect that probably only the GBC has called them by that name. And perhaps not much anymore.

I have friends in the Alabama New Hope Association and have met a preacher from Georgia New Hope, but have never visited the Georgia New Hope Association or any of its churches. However, I have visited a few North Georgia churches in the Pleasant Valley, Pleasant Grove, Gilmer-Fannin, and Ellijay Associations.

11. treed

treed New Member

I realize this thread is very old. However, i would enjoy bringing it back to life. I know nothing about the NHBP but being a member of a church in the aforementioned Jasper Baptist Association I have knowledge of the workings and worship styles of these churches. I would love to know if there are many similarities between the NHBP and Jasper associations.