1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

New Idea

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by wfdfiremedic, Oct 1, 2009.

1. wfdfiremedic

wfdfiremedic New Member

Ok, so after readings some of these posts for a couple of months, I am starting to become angry. Instead of arguing over KJV, ESV, NASB, NIV etc, why is there not more of a focus on arguing translations that are definitely altered in doctrinal beliefs.

I studied as a JW for some time, and let me tell you, the NWT is altered in many ways. One can utilize the KJV, ESV, NASB, ESV, NIV etc to show where their translation has been altered to prove their doctrine. The focus for Baptists should not be on translations where doctrine is proven as the same. The focus should be to move individuals from false doctrine into the light.

I have read where the, NIV is claimed to be the same as the NWT. Absolutely false!!!!!!! You can still take this translation and argue doctrine against JW's. Personally, i think the focus should be on moving people from cults utilizing faulty translations, than arguing over JKVO, NASB, ESV, NIV etc.

-Chris

2. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We've had some discussions about cult-specific versions such as the NWT, which is the British RV altered to fit JW doctrines, the Mormons' "Joseph Smith KJV", the SDAs' "Clear Word Bible", as well as non-cult-specific, but groddy versions such as "The Message".

However, we Baptists are assailed more by a certain man-made doctrine than any other denom is. That doctrine is KJVO, the false, man-made belief that the KJV is the ONLY valid English Bible version out there. This bunk is pushed especially hard among the Fundamantalists, of which I am one. Hence, most of the discussions revolve around this false doctrine and the KJV.

I stand against it on the simple fact that this doctrine found nowhere in the KJV itself, let alone in any other version, and that its MAN-MADE origin is quite apparent. that fact alone makes it false, let alone that the actual points of that doctrine are incorrect. We have the duty to expose the falsehood of this doctrine that was derived from a CULT OFFICIAL'S book, and not God's word, for what it actually is...just another false, man-made doctrine on the order of salvation by worx, 'regenerational baptism", etc.