1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

New Jerusalem and the Millenial Kingdom

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by revmwc, Jul 9, 2011.

1. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

I have heard it taught by some that the New Jerusalem will be hovering over the earth during the Millinial Kingdom and thus fulfilling this passage:

Genesis 28:12 And he dreamed, and behold a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven: and behold the angels of God ascending and descending on it.

That the angels of God descending are the Church age believers as they descend to rule during the day in the Kingdom and go to New Jerusalem during the night. Once the Kingdom is done and the New Heaven and Earth are in place that the New Jerusalem continues down and rest on the new earth.
    Haven't found much backup for that but maybe others have heard this taught.

2. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That is happening now revmac:

Paul says it is now...I believe it.

3. thomas15

thomas15 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is my opinion on the matter...

Jacob saw angels ascending and descending, not resurrected church age believers in their glorified bodies. This happened at a place called Luz, which Jacob renamed Bethel, which means The House of God.

Jesus refers to this in John 1:51, He (Jesus) is The House of God; The Bethel. When Jesus rules over His (1000 yr) Kingdom in the regeneration (Matt 19:28) he will be assisted by followers of Christ, sitting on 12 thrones judging the 12 tribes. There will probably be others assisting those on the 12 thrones and others assisting in places outside of the area inhabited by the 12 tribes of the Son's of Israel.