1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NEW KING JAMES VERSION - COUNTERFEIT

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by This Little Light, Mar 30, 2002.

1. PackerBacker

PackerBacker New Member

[/QB][/QUOTE]

I've read through the first page on this thread and can't help but see it was not the "Westcott and Hort only cult" that is looking for a fight. Don't recall seeing anyone bash you for using the KJV.

2. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The most common of all KJVO errors is the failure to distinguish between God's Word and God's words. The words are preserved in multitudes of manuscripts but no mortal can be 100% sure of what the exact original wording was. The Word has been preserved.

The words are the means of expression. The Word is the valuable content of what is expressed. If a person gave his "word" to pay back $10, it wouldn't matter what words were used to make the commitment- only that the borrower were trustworthy.

3. LordsKnight

LordsKnight New Member

Are we still talkin' about the Triqueta?

I think there are many symbols and such that were used for Christian work that have become corrupted by satanists and cults and vice versa. The song "Amazing Grace" used to be an old Tavern song with different words.

However symbols used for demonic and cultic purposes can carry demonic implications with them and it is wise to avoid their usage.

4. Chris Temple

Chris Temple New Member

Scott:

I think I understand what you're saying, but I would say it differently. To say that "it [doesn't] matter what words were used to make the commitment" weakens the doctrine of verbal plenary inspiration. Both the words and the Word are God's. ;)

5. Andrey

Andrey New Member

Talk about straining out the gnats and letting the elephants come through! <grin>

I am grateful that God communicates with me, a sinner, who would be with Peter, resisting the washing of my feet by my Messiah.

If this bickering would not be sad, because it violates the first commandment, it would be humorous to watch.

All of you are being held up in prayer. You have my "word" on that!

(Smile, that was an intentional joke, in honor of a point well expressed which was not well received by all!)