1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

New Laptop

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by Dr. Bob, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    My old Toshiba dual core laptop is in a slow death spiral. So, with my wife's credit card, ran to Best Buy and bought a new HP laptop.

Thought I'd get a quad core, or an I3 or even splurge on the I5 super quick one.

Got the I7 core - son said it is exponentially faster than the others and might not be outdated for 2 or 3 weeks. Woohoo!! Back fully on all my favorite sites.

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Hey, computers are never obsolete in MY house!! Yes, we still have a computer running Windows 98 and an old Mac from the 90s. LOL

3. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My youngest had a habit of picking up the laptop by the screen; eventually he broke the connector from the main board to the screen. Had it checked out by a local computer repair guy; he said it would cost as much to repair as it would to buy a new laptop.

We ended up paying half the money for a monitor, and he uses it as a desktop (yes, we made him stay with the same laptop he broke). His mother ended up getting a new laptop instead.