1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

New Man Magazine Straw Ballot: 2008 Presidential Election

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by JGrubbs, Jun 21, 2007.

1. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

2. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

It would appear the Ron Paul "Spammers" already got to this one.

3. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Well, brother, in the interest of science, I decided to see how easy it would be to spam this poll. I have placed a single vote for the following candidates:
    Ron Paul
    Rudy Giuliani
    Mike Huckabee
    Duncan Hunter
    Hillary Clinton

All I have had to do is delete cookies and restart the browser. So it is entirely possible that other polls are this easy to defeat. Using browser cookies for the purpose of validating a poll is not ideal. The other option is to log IP addresses, which is not ideal either because most ISP's use DHCP and a small pool of IP addresses service a large number of subscribers. So I guess I will have to take the polls with a grain of salt, although knowing as many Ron Paul supporters as I do, I am sure that the poll results are not nearly as far off as some would have us believe.

The best poll would require the voter to create an account with a unique email account. This would not eliminate cheating, but the cheater would have to be very determined.

4. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

The editors of New Man magazine had the poll replaced to only include the eleven candidates they wrote about in the current issue of their magazine.