1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

New math: $8 billion is "small," $100 million "large"

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by rbell, Apr 21, 2009.

1. rbell

rbell Active Member

The Obama administration really looks foolish on this one.

Undoubtedly, those "meaningless" tea party rallies that "weren't about spending" must've gotten Obama's attention.

So, he's proposing $100 in spending cuts. Hey, it's a start.

But kudos to the AP reporter that called him on his inconsistencies. A few days ago, Obama pooh-poohed opposition to his budget, claiming the $8 billion that Republicans fussed about was, "small," and insignificant. All of the sudden, Obama's bragging about saving money that is one hundredth the amount. Like I said...it's a good start, but that's all it is. And given Obama's proclivity for spending (that's one thing he and Bush agree on)...It wouldn't surprise me if this were nothing more than window dressing to placate the "anti-government, anti-CNN tax protesters." (I bet it kills them to give legitimacy to that movement!)

The reporters questioning press secretary Robert Gibbs made him look pretty bad. It was almost funny.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/04/todays-qs-for-4.html

moral of the story: be careful how you say things: what is "small" today might be huge tomorrow.

2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Well they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I guess taxpayer money is also.