1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

New Mayor is only 18!

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by Gina B, Nov 22, 2005.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10149406/

I haven't had time to look up more information on him yet, so don't know if he's a Christian or not. It would be interesting to find out, but anyhow I thought it was neat that someone so young is already so involved in the political process. [​IMG]

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I read that this morning. Way cool! Hats off to him [​IMG]

3. Rhonda

Rhonda New Member

Well, you have to give him this: he's entered politics before he's had much time to hide any skeletons in his closet...that has to be a plus these days, right?

Rhonda

4. KJV4JJ

KJV4JJ New Member

pretty cool...
    maybe a future president?..... he probably should get some degree in business/law/politics, etc... just to get some more experience.

just shows you that you can accomplish pretty much anything.

5. pep_3000

pep_3000 New Member

My government teacher talks about that all the time. I go to school at Spring Arbor University which is only about 30min. from there.

6. CBCSLTechDude

CBCSLTechDude New Member

That is kinda scary if you ask me.

7. kubel

kubel New Member

I don't think so. It proves that voters have power. If this kid stays out of trouble and away from corruption- he could be the best thing to enter politics.

8. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Scary? I don't see how. I question how much he's going to be able to accomplish, but I'm sure the voters had the same question that was obviously answered to their satisfaction. I also suspect that the incumbent mayor didn't take his opponent seriously and assumed he would easily win re-election.

9. bruren777

bruren777 New Member

So what of his age! He might have more on the ball than someone who is 20 years older. Give him a chance.

10. ChurchBoy

ChurchBoy New Member

He won with 670 votes, beating the incumbent mayor by two votes. The town has 8,200 people so hardly anyone voted. That is sad. :(

11. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

If he turns out to be a bad mayor due to his total lack of experience, then the people of that town deserve what they get.

12. eyeball

eyeball New Member

It proves that voters have power.

No it doesn't. It proves that voters are stupid.

13. CBCSLTechDude

CBCSLTechDude New Member

Well IMO, it's scary. Something isn't right when the only other person to vote for is an 18yo, I don't care how mature he is.
    Doesn't anybody else see a problem with this picture?

14. faithgirl46

faithgirl46 Active Member
    Site Supporter

The Bible tells us in Matthew 5:22 BUtI say to you that Whoever is angry with his brother without cause, shall be in danger of the judgment, whoever says to his brother Raca shall be in Danger of the council, whoever says, thou fool, is in danger of hell fire. My ppoint is that calling people stupid and fools are one and the same thing in Jesus eyes.
    Faithgirl46

15. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Agreed faithgirl.

If you think about it, it's funny to see somebody from Florida, home of the hanging chad, calling voters in Hillsdale, Michigan stupid. [​IMG] :D

As to it being scary, I don't live in Hillsdale, MI, so no, it's not really scary to me. Mr. Sessions won the election fair and square and it looks like he basically outworked his opponent to win.

Hats off to him.