1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

New Mexico Abolishes the Death Penalty

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Magnetic Poles, Mar 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigBossman

BigBossman Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Life in an American prison is easy. They have free food, free shelter, & free healthcare. All of which is at our expense. The worst part is they get better healthcare inside than we get on the outside.

If they go to a Mexican prison, their family has to provide everything for them including the food or else they starve.

2. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All this talk.....I completed a research paper for one of my criminal justice classes at Liberty Univ that proved by countless scripture quotes and research - that God supports the death penalty. For instance, all mankind pays for the sin of Adam by penalty of death.

I got an "A" on the paper.

3. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

AMEN! I agree.

4. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Child rape -- or any rape, unless it involves murder -- does not get the death penalty in any state.

5. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

So if I write a research paper for school can I then say that I am the authority on the subject and that all others are wrong?

6. matt wade

I agree...prison life in America is way too easy. In "my world", prison would consist of many deep holes in the ground with one prisoner per a hole. The entire area would be fenced in with a guard on each corner. Each guard would have a rifle. Any movement above the holes would result in getting shot. Twice a day a plane would do fly overs and drop bottled water and bread. If the water or food makes it in the hole, the prisoner eats and drinks. Doesn't make it in the hole? They don't.

That would deter crime!

7. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If your data can be
    I see no reason why not!:laugh:

Oops, sorry dc, didn't mean to speak for you!!:tongue3:

8. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

Yes, we must feel sorry for all the murderers and just coddle them for the rest of their lives in prison with our tax dollars.

9. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

I think it should. I hope New Mexico has plenty of money to imprison for the rest of their lives those who should be executed, or do they just send them to other states and let them be someone else's financial problem.

#29 Jon-Marc, Mar 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2009
  10. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How is life in prison without the possibility of parole not, in fact, the death penalty?-- taking away their liberty and confining them till they're dead.

However, I will be presumptuous and say you would argue that if evidence can be found that would show the conviction to be a mistake, the convicted person could be freed and have years of life. It's also true that escapes are possible with 'life without parole,' and not with more immediate execution (rather obviously). Consider the case in Fort Worth a few years ago, where the escaped convicts murdered a man.

And while virtually no one would really advocate the above example of each prisoner having his own hole, to be shot immediately if he so much as raises his head out of it, more work should be gotten out of them. But in Arizona, where that sheriff put them on the chain gang doing road construction, people see them and they get all that sympthay! The 'punishment' for refusing to respect the life, liberty, and property of others is to get free food and shelter and do nothing to earn it. Make them work, pay them in some form, and let them buy their food, blankets, privileges, et al.

11. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

I agree that prison shouldn't be a paid vacation. They indeed should be put to work to earn their keep.

12. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

According to many libbies that would be slavery.

13. matt wade

"virtually no one"...maybe I am the only one, but I'd honestly like to see a system like I described. I guarantee that after word got out we'd have to maintain less holes than when we started.

14. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In case they haven't read the Constitution, the 13th Amendment, which abolished slavery, contains an exception for "the punishment of a crime."

15. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Got a source, or did you get some bad mushrooms?

16. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

Yes, I can see how prison is a terrible punishment with everything free: three meals a day, exercise equipment provided so they can build up their bodies and become more dangerous, free medical and dental care, access to a phone so they can hire hit men, access to a computer, access to drugs and booze through corrupt guards that they can easily bribe, and conjugal visits from the wives or girlfriends.

Yes, I can definitely see how difficult prison is considering I can't afford medical or dental care, can barely afford enough food to eat, can't afford exercise equipment, can barely afford a telephone, TV and computer (without which I'd have nothing to do) and I have to pay for it all as well as paying for everything the prisoners get for free.

The only thing I have that they don't have is the freedom to come and go as they please--that is, if I could afford the gas for my car in order to go anywhere, and if I could afford to do anything once I got there. Yes, I can really see where they have it very rough compared to me--confined with everything they need or want provided by taxpayers.

#36 Jon-Marc, Mar 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.