1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

New Moderator on the Block

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Squire Robertsson, Jul 2, 2003.

1. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hello all,
    Just a note to tell you something about myself. I was born in San Francisco, California and raised on the North Coastside of San Mateo County. Growing up, my family attended a United Presbyterian Church. So, I did not hear a clear presentation of the Gospel until at the age of 18, God in His Providence plucked me from two blocks east of the Pacific Ocean and dropped me in Anderson, Indiana for the summer. One Wednesday evening while eating a bowl of minnestrone soup with Mrs. Brown, my landlady, I listened to her clear presentation of my need and God's remedy for it. While the UP church I grew up in didn't preach the Gospel, neither did I hear any disparaging of the authority of Scripture. So, I took God at His Word and accepted His Son as my Savior and was baptized at Grace Baptist of Anderson. I returned home and to my second year of jr. college at the end of the summer. I graduated from the jc just in time for the Nixon recession of 73. Not having many job prospects, I joined the U.S. Coast Guard.

During my time in the Guard, I answered God's call to His service. Upon my discharge, I enrolled at Maranatha Baptist Bible College. I went to school in the days of Drs. Cedarholm, Weeks and Hollowood. There, I earned a B.A. in Bible with minors in Pastoral Studies, German and Applied Science. In my junior year at MBBC, God called me back home to California where I have been serving Him ever since.

While I was ordained by the church I attended and was a member of while I was in school, God has called me to an unconventional ministry. When I arrived back home, I found that Fundamental Baptist Churchs in the Bay Area operate with a much thinner paid staff than their sister churchs back East. So, I have never been on a "pastoral staff".

As for my Baptist DNA, well, under the late Pastor Don Camp, Grace Baptist of Anderson, Ind. was as Fundamental as you could ask for. When I returned home, Pastor Camp recommended Pastor Arno Q. Wenigar, Sr.'s church. I attended there until they recommended a Baptist church in my hometown. I became a member of that church and attended there until I went into the Coast Guard. Providentially, for my first year or so in the Guard I was stationed at TRACEN Alameda just across the Bay from San Francisco, so I moved my membership to Pastor Wenigar's church. After leaving Alameda, I went on to attend a Bible Church in Astoria, Oregon and (they baptized in one of the member's log pond.) in Mass. two GARBC churchs. At Maranatha, I was a member of Northport Baptist in Madison, WI. While in school, I would carry a letter of transfer when I came home for the summer so I could rejoin my home church for the time I was in California. After graduation, I returned to my home church. It is an Historic Baptist Church. Founded in 1881, the church was fundamental before fundamentalism was fun. Actually, I consider us a Regular Baptist Church of the Northern persuasion.

I have the honor of being y'r serv't for Christ's sake,
    Keith

2. C.S. Murphy

C.S. Murphy New Member

Glad to have the Squire with us. I was not aware you had such a colorful past, it made very interesting reading.
    Murph

3. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Congratulations Squire! I am sure you will carry out your duties admirably.

Blessings,
    Sue

4. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Squire,
    I read a lot of your stuff here---bright, level headed, and squared up with the Lord Jesus Christ.
    Hang in there!
    David(aka Blackbird)