1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

New/Old member

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Phillip3, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Phillip3

Phillip3 New Member

Greetings,
    I have recently returned to this board only to find myself still listed as a moderator by the name Phillip.

I was unsuccessful in contacting any of the administration, but would like to either recover that user name. I have no idea what the password was.

I have recently retired from the U.S. Army after a summer in which I had a mental breakdown due to a divorce that had been pending for two years.

Recently, After being on medications including powerful anti-depressant capsules. I pulled through and have started over my life.

I worked at the Army Base as an electronic engineer, but after my breakdown and two months inpatient at our local Carl Albert Mental Health center. I even became very psychotic and actually saw army trucks with cameras and antennas lined up on the highway just watching me. ;-) It is amazing what your mind can do due to simple chemical imbalances. I thought the Army was gassing me and that people who gave me water I would ask who poisoned it.

I went back to work in October and just sat looking at my computer mentally unable to function at work. Instead of the Army firing me they brought me in an suggested I get on disability for which I applied for.

After many months I went back to work and worked two full weeks and my disability was approved. I had just bought a new car and the house my wife and I shared for 22 years before our breakup was going into foreclosure. After talking to my cousin and divorce attorney I asked exactly why I was filing bankruptcy. He said, "All of the debt from our marriage." I asked him how much and he didn't know so I pulled up all of the late bills: $9700 on the house and some medical coming to a little over twelve thousand.

Filing bankruptcy costs $2500 and I told my attorney to drop the filing.

Now here is the good part which caused me to write this lengthy and somewhat personal testimony because God obviously had a hand in my breakdown and life.

I told them at the base I wanted to try to continue and work and they advised me to take the disability.

It pays 60% of my salary of 55K (no secret just a GS number rating that everybody knew what the amount is.) The second year throughout life it then pay 40% of the 55K.

Now HERE IS THE GOOD PART: With Army disabled retirement I can work for 80% of the 55K and still draw full benefits. I feel that God had this plan for me to pull me out of a dangerous and stressful position and give me security the rest of my life. I recently applied at a as a vets assistant giving shots to animals and help with anesthesia and surgery. I had always wanted to be a vet. I helped out at a vets office who we rented a house from when I was in Junior high.

This job is about 48 hours per week Monday through Saturday.

I ask for prayers that I get this wonderful job since I love animals. It will be the next best thing to being a vet and with my disability and army benefits coming in I could work until I'm unable. I'm fifty-five now.

Sorry about the length of this I just wanted my good friends know that I am the original Phillip and would love to continue with either name moderating since I have a lot of time in the evenings.

Please pass this on to an administrator.

Thanks for reading this novel if you made it through and please understand that I have no doubt that God put me through this to get me to reach point of financial stability without the job stress and danger of working on bomb lines plus the possibility of getting so stressed again and having to go inpatient again.

LIFE truly is wonderful.

Phillip3

PS If someone can reset my password and allow me to access to Phillip I would prefer that name to Phillip3. Plus I would like to keep moderating if possible and would prefer my older name with higher contacts and more recognizable name.

Thank you and God bless,

#1 Phillip3, Apr 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2013
  2. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Welcome back, Phillip. It might be a good idea for you to PM Dr. Bob or Suire for this task.