1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

New revised Standard Version

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Beroean_Chancellor, Jan 3, 2004.

1. Beroean_Chancellor

Beroean_Chancellor New Member

As a student of Greek and Hebrew, I find the NRSV as the most useful when studying. Its not as poetic as the KJV which i havent used in years. Its much more raw and to the point. Too many words in the KJV are archaic and misleading in its context. But I still honour it for its historical value and bringing us up over the years. But when reading Greek texts and the KJV, I have to frown sometimes cause at times it sems as if they are talking about two different concepts. I think NRSV will be appreciated when used. Hopefully in the next 500 years, we will have enough sense not to still be using that one as well. The Bible is infallible in its original autographs and has been preserved over time. In this , we must recognize that man's communication, perception, and understanding evolves and transforms. Thus the message of Christ hope must be understood in 2004.

2. Jesus is Lord

Jesus is Lord New Member

Which brings this question to my mind:
    Do we need a Bible in the Millennium? ;)

3. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The NRSV is a fine bible, I use it in my study as well along with many others