1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

New Salem Mod dies

Discussion in 'Baptist History' started by Brother Bob, Jan 13, 2008.

1. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

The moderator of the New Salem Association of the Old Regular Baptist, died this morning, Brother Ellis Holbrook. He was a fine brother and much loved. I cared very much for him and he would visit my church. Services will be at the New Salem Association Building tomorrow night, the next night and the funeral will be Wed. at 11:00 am.

A great loss for the Old Regular Baptist.

BBob,

2. Danny Hurley

Danny Hurley New Member

Orb

I went to the wake service last evening there were at least 82 preachers there which states the love many shared with this great leader of the New Salem association.

3. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I wanted to go, but had no one to take me. I can't hardly travel that far at night anymore by myself. I had heard there were that many there. I hear it was kinda cold in the building though.

BBob,

4. Virginia ORB

Virginia ORB Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm sorry to hear this, I did not know him personally, but heard many good things about him.

5. Virginia ORB

Virginia ORB Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's good to see you on here, brother Danny. I've met you a few times before, but only in passing. I've been to several Old Friendship churches. As a matter of fact, I went to the Little Zion Church on the last odd weekend. The church must have changed it's meeting time, because I went on Saturday morning instead of Sunday morning. It was listed in the 2005 minutes as being on Saturday. So it must have changed since then. I'll try again in a month or two.

Keith Deel

6. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Who on here, if any, went to the funeral? I have a feeling there was a big crowd at the New Salem association building. I never knew him, but by the # of preachers there the first night at his wake, that speaks VOLUMES about the man he must have been. My dad really liked him and said that every time he went to his(Bro Eliss') home church, he was really good to him. But, if we are born of that LOVE, we will love one another.

Willis