1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

New Testament Evangalism

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Berean, Apr 6, 2006.

1. Berean

Berean Member
    Site Supporter

In the past seventy three years I have seen many changes, some of them good and some of them bad, unfortunately most of them the latter.
    I note with particular interest the change in the way we do evangelism.
    In acts I believe that the The Church met in one accord and when the Spirit came upon them it spilled over into the community and many were added. Note; There were not assembled a group of unbelievers but believers that shared the good news as they were led.
    Today it seems as we have really changed or "got the cart before the horse" by turning our worship services into extravaganzas that resemble a Las Vages Show instead of true worship with emotionaly charge music and a light message not to exceed 20 to 30 minutes presented with the hope of not offending anyone.
    I believe this time could be spent more scripturally in studing, praying, teaching and lifting up each other.Then "as you go" you will be telling your lost neighbors and everyone you encounted about The Christ who died for us. (confess I do very little of this")
    Have we not replaced this with a staff member who spend more time with travel agencies then equiping the saints to carry out the GREAT COMMISIOM (As you go)?

2. JoyceK

JoyceK New Member

I don't know where you live and go to church, but my church is deep into evangelism. Right now, I am involved in a class called Got Life. This class teaches how to carry out the Great Commission. Every week we have class time, but we also have visitation time, where we go out into the community and witness. The seeds are being planted, and our visits have been fruitful. You might want to visit www.GotLife.org and maybe introduce it to your church. Don't be discouraged. There are wonderful ways to reach out to the lost, and there are many fine people all across the country who are not only reaching out to the lost in our own communities, but also reaching out to the lost around the world.