1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

New York City has a unique idea for homeless problem.

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by exscentric, Jul 29, 2009.

1. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sometimes you have to spend money to save money! :saint:

3. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thought it was quite an idea. They will probably come to a milder climate as many have - OR is the place to be! :thumbsup:

4. billwald

billwald New Member

It irritates me that I couldn't afford to live in Manhattan or San Francisco but I could "afford" it if I was a bum or a wino. The US is rich enough to provide some kind of housing to every person but it shouldn't be prime real estate.

Now that the economy is tanking there is an excess of 20 ft and 40 shipping containers which are being converted to houses, call them what you want. I propose that low income housing be built from containers and placed under freeways and bridges.

For those who don't like city life an alternative would be bunk houses in county work farms as they had in the bad old days.