1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Newer translation: ALT Old Testament

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by franklinmonroe, Nov 20, 2014.

1. franklinmonroe

franklinmonroe Active Member

This is a translation from the Greek (Septuagint) by Gary F. Zeolla. He has even translated the apocryphal books. I like his Anylitical-Literal Translation of the New Testament (ALT-NT) which is based upon the Majority Text. Here is a sample from The Poetic Books (Vol. 3) --

PSALM 23

A Psalm by David.

The LORD shepherds me, and nothing will lack [to] me. 2 In a place of green grass, there He caused me to dwell; He nourished me by [the] water of rest. 3 He turned back my soul; He guided me upon paths of righteousness, for His name’s sake. 4 For even if I should walk in the midst of [the] shadow of death, I will not be afraid of evil [things], for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, these comforted me. 5 You prepared a table before me from opposite of the ones afflicting me; You anointed my head with oil; and Your cup [is] giving [me] to drink like good [drink]. 6 And Your mercy will pursue me all the days of my life; and I [will] be dwelling in [the] house of the LORD for a length of days [fig., forever]!

Here is a link --
    http://www.dtl.org/books/preview/alt_ot/vol_5.htm