1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

News CCM

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by tiggertoddy, Sep 4, 2002.

1. tiggertoddy

tiggertoddy New Member

:rolleyes: CCM. [​IMG] Now there's an oxymoron. What's so christian about Michael W. Smith smoking marijuana while writing most of his music? What's so christian about Amy Grant divorcing Gary Chapman for Vince Gill (an unsaved country singer) and having an affair while married to Mr. Chapman? What's so christian about Gary Chapman doing drugs while writing music? What's so christian about the lead singer of DC Talk getting drunk and starting bar fights? THESE are upstanding christians? ALL of the major CCM record labels are now owned by secular recording groups. Trin-I-Tee 357 records under Interscope, the same label that boasts acts like Nine Inch Nails, and Marilyn Manson. The video by DC talk, Jesus Freak, was directed by the same person who directs(directed) Nine Inch Nails videos. Word Records started out as secular, switched to christian, and is now again under secular ownership. The major praise & worship labels are owned by secular companies. The publishing house for most every hymnal is owned by a secular company. Where is the clear line of demarcation/division that GOD expects? Did Jesus Christ talk "street" to preach His father's Word? No! Did Jesus feel the need to dress like everyone else to admimister His healing? No! DID NOT GOD HIMSELF SAY THAT WE ARE TO REMAIN SEPARATE FROM THE WORLD'S WAYS? Why, then, are most so-called christians dumb enough to believe that CCM is of ANY value? Some say that regardless of the way God's Word is delivered, it will still work. SO WRONG, and SO BLASPHEMOUS! If you think that you can adjust God's Word so that it will not hurt peoples feelings, you are WRONG! If you think it is okay to take away or add to the Gospel, YOU ARE WRONG! What on earth is the matter with you? God's Word is NOT solely for comforting. God's Word is NOT solely about being happy or prosperous. JESUS HIMSELF said that there is a marked difference between a true believer and the unsaved. But, since most of today's pop-christianity wants a feel-good gospel, God's Word has been NEGATED by false christians.

Here's a test to see whether or not you are a TRUE Chrsitian: Are you offended by the Cross? Does looking at it make you feel small? Are you offended by the preaching of the WHOLE Gospel of Jesus Christ? Jesus HIMSELF STATES that the unsaved are offended by the Cross. The UNSAVED are offended by God's Word. The UNSAVED pick and choose what parts of the Bible are comfortable to them. The UNSAVED have to be coddled into a false sense of security by mans doctrines. The UNSAVED whine about having a Cross in their church. The UNSAVED watch TBN. The UNSAVED believe it is okay to get away with some sin. The UNSAVED have itching ears that only want to hear what THEY want to hear. The UNSAVED listen to CCM, and believe it to be GODLY. The UNSAVED are AFRAID to speak the truth as it is written.

The UNSAVED are lazy, and want the Gospel handed to them edited, sterilized, and otherwise tainted by their insipid FEELINGS. The UNSAVED believe that all religions lead to God. The UNSAVED are responsible for what happened on September 11th, 2001. The UNSAVED hate God. The UNSAVED will go to hell. The UNSAVED are offended by messages like mine. The UNSAVED comprimise God's Word. The UNSAVED preach a false unity. The UNSAVED can't handle the truth of their sin. The UNSAVED are just that: UNSAVED.

UNSAVED people expect that CCM will minister the Word of God, when JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF states throughout the Bible that His Word is TO BE PREACHED! Did Jesus SING the Gospel at any point? NO, He PREACHED IT. Preaching means to SPEAK, it does NOT mean to SING. CCM is pathetic and blasphemous. :mad: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[ September 25, 2002, 12:26 AM: Message edited by: The Squire ]

2. BrianT

BrianT New Member

What's so christian about gossip and slander?

3. Molly

Molly New Member

I agree tiggertoddy.

It is not gossip,but actually true.

[ September 04, 2002, 02:25 PM: Message edited by: Molly ]

4. Speedpass

Speedpass Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I myself am disappointed in Amy Grant divorcing Gary Chapman for Vince Gill. Apparently Amy was upset that Chapman wasn't willing to have any more kids, so Amy went running to Gill.

5. Brother Adam

Brother Adam New Member

Scratches head. Someone has an agenda don't they. ;)

6. Brother Adam

Brother Adam New Member

Oh, and yes, you do have to verify everything you just wrote there. I look forward to what you come up with.

7. BrianT

BrianT New Member

Gossip does not mean "false". Most gossip is true, but it's still gossip.

I don't know if those things are true or not, and actually I don't care. The first post in this thread was really disappointing.

Why don't those opposed to CCM actually pray for those involved, instead of maliciously cutting them down?

[ September 04, 2002, 02:29 PM: Message edited by: BrianT ]

8. tiggertoddy

tiggertoddy New Member

[​IMG] Sheesh! I read the above mentioned QUOTES from Christianity Today, Charisma, HM, New Man, Focus On The Family, AFA Website, Diakrisis.org, Reuters, CNN, and scores of other sources, all of them agreeing in content on what they reported. If some of oyu think that what i posted was gossip, think again: the post is NOT gossip. It is true. Just like buying an Elton John album supports his wicked disgusting homosexual lifestyle, so is buying an album from a suppoesed christian supporting whatever they are doing. You either agree or disagree, but, it doesn't change the truth of what IS happening. I don't believe in gossip, I believe in telling the truth and what I said in my post IS the truth. You'd have to be seared to the bone to not see that. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. tiggertoddy

tiggertoddy New Member

What's so christian about gossip and slander?</font>[/QUOTE]It's not gossip or slander when the poeple themselves have admitted what I simply repeated them as confessing! [​IMG]

10. BrianT

BrianT New Member

Maybe you need to look up "gossip" in a dictionary.

[ September 04, 2002, 02:48 PM: Message edited by: BrianT ]

11. stubbornkelly

stubbornkelly New Member

If they're quotes, provide properly documented sources. You'll notice many links to source material around here.

And it has already said that truth and gossip aren't mutually exclusive.

Should I keep it secret that I'm going to see Elton John tomorrow night?

12. tiggertoddy

tiggertoddy New Member

Yes, you should have kept it a secret that you are supporting the SICK, PERVERSE, and DISGUSTING "artist(sic!" known as Elton John. You probably think he is a christian, huh? Sheesh! A real christian would refuse to listen to his music or support his blasphemous lifestyle; and you call yourself a christian?!? [​IMG]

13. tiggertoddy

tiggertoddy New Member

Maybe you need to look up "gossip" in a dictionary.</font>[/QUOTE]If I am gossiping, then I guess I gossip about Jesus too, becuase I quote what He Says, I quote what He has done, and I talk about Him whenever possible. I tell people what He has done for me, I tell people what He has written, and I tell people about His majesty and glory. Oh yeah, I forgot: I also "gossip" about God's warning to unbelievers too. [​IMG]

14. BrianT

BrianT New Member

Oh, that makes everything alright then. :rolleyes: See how that logic works for you the next time someone gossips about you.

15. tiggertoddy

tiggertoddy New Member

If you actually READ my last post, you'll notice that I provided numerous sources for PROOF! besides, if i was REALLY gossiping, I'd be whining about, "Why can't you just trust me?" or " I am perfect, you are not." Or, the classic favorite amongst pious, self-righteous, indignant neanderthals that automatically ASSUME that I am nothing but a bogus liar: "I Am God". I ain't God, I ain't a LIAR, and I KNOW WHAT I AM TALIKNG ABOUT, especially since I have worked in the gut of the music industry before!! THAT IS WHY I KNOW WHAT I SPEAK OF. I don't speak about something unless I KNOW about it, and have had experience in it. So, who are you to ACCUSE me of GOSSIPING? :mad: :mad: :mad: [​IMG] :eek:

16. BrianT

BrianT New Member

Again, see a dictionary.

17. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

tiggertoddy said:

If you actually READ my last post, you'll notice that I provided numerous sources for PROOF!

No, you provided some names of magazines.

I suppose your standard of "proof" is for everyone else to wade through twenty years' worth of magazines trying to find the quotes you claim are in there.

Forget it, bub. Do your own homework.

18. tiggertoddy

tiggertoddy New Member

Oh, that makes everything alright then. :rolleyes: See how that logic works for you the next time someone gossips about you.</font>[/QUOTE]Oh, PUH-LEASE! Do YOU know me personally? Do you actually think I'd speak about something unless I KNEW ABOUT IT FROM EXPERIENCE?? I am not THAT stupid! I worked for years in the music industry and I DO KNOW WHAT I SPEAK OF. Ask anyone who actually KNOWS me, and they WILL tell you that I don't speak unless I think it through AND know about it. You don't know me, you don't know what I have been through. You have NO RIGHT to accuse me of something that is NOT TRUE.

I have seen FIRSTHAND what I talk about. I have seen so-called "christian" "artists" throwing temper-tantrums because they didn't get a luxury suite, or a particular brand of bottled water. I have witnessed many so-called "christian" musicians praying to Buddah or allah. SO DON'T TELL ME I DON'T KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT! You call yourself a christian? Then, BE ONE! Unless you have proof that I am LYING, you have no right to accuse me of gossip! I have seen so-called "christian" performers smoking pot before a show. I left the profession because I was ashamed of believing that CCM is a viable, worthy expression of the Gospel. These may not apply to ALL christian musicians (Obviously, THAT isn't gossip), but, for an industry to call itself Christian, and turn a blind eye to the sickness is tantamount to blasphemy. I know what I speak of, and I don't speak unless I KNOW it to be true. Unless you, too, work or worked amongst some of the most immature, whiny "christian" performers, don't accuse me of gossip. I know what i saw, and I know what I have read. [​IMG]

19. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

tiggertoddy said:

I have seen FIRSTHAND what I talk about. I have seen so-called "christian" "artists" throwing temper-tantrums because they didn't get a luxury suite, or a particular brand of bottled water. I have witnessed many so-called "christian" musicians praying to Buddah or allah.

I don't believe you.

[ September 04, 2002, 03:19 PM: Message edited by: Ransom ]

20. tiggertoddy

tiggertoddy New Member

Gee, I am sorry. I guess the fact that I have worked 10 years within CCM isn't good enough for any of you ****, ********** *****! I guess that also means that because Jesus was crucified on the Cross, He doesn't know what he is talking about either??

&lt;&lt;&lt; No name calling please!&gt;&gt;&gt; edited by Barnabas, BB Administrator

[ September 04, 2002, 04:38 PM: Message edited by: Barnabas ]