1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

News: Phone Number in "Bruce Almighty" Belongs to Florida Woman

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Cindy, May 28, 2003.

1. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Satin believes in God, that doesn't state much.

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I think that's a bit extreme. This board is ever abundant with unrighetous judges of other peoples' souls.

3. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Semi-gloss is an out-and-out atheist though. [​IMG]

4. Johnv

Johnv New Member

5. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not judging him or anyone. I just made a statement that just believing in God isn't enough.

Only the actual person and God knows the heart and if he or she is truly saved and accepted Jesus Christ as their saviour. Not me, you, or anyone else knows 100%.

Please explain the semi gloss and atheist comment. I don't get it.

6. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Satin: a paint finish, related to gloss, semi-gloss, and flat.

Satan: the biblical proponent of evil.

7. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Its no wonder God is not taken seriously. Even Christians dont take Him seriously. Very Sad. :(

8. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Oh puh... leeeeeze!!!! :rolleyes:

9. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

What are you doing here then? Joining in or are you going to be the knight in shining armor to shew forth the way of righteousness to the unjust judges? :rolleyes:
    Gina

10. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I haven't seen it either but I have seen the ads and heard the commentary from secular sources. Morgan Freeman as God? Granting his powers to someone so they can use them to fulfill their perverse sexual appetites?

That isn't funny... and it violates any reasonable concept of the "fear of the Lord."
    I'm not. He has lived a wicked lifestyle and performed music that makes my skin crawl, eg. Sympathy for Satan. I listen to some of all types of music but Mick and the Stones have always made me uncomfortable.

11. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I shall do neither. What am I doing here? Originally, when I came to this board, I cam to dialogue with other Baptists. But the board is well on its way to becoming a haven for 21st century Pharasees. Rather than engaging in "this is what I think, what do you think" discussions, it is instead a source for "my way or the highway" grandstanding. The board has driven several faithful Christian Baptist people away recently. How many more must be driven away? We can't even discuss a movie without getting implications of being unchristian.

12. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Georgia Church Getting God Calls:
    May 29, 2003

A Georgia evangelist is among those mortals who happen to share God's telephone number -- or at least the one He uses in the new movie "Bruce Almighty."

In the hit movie, a TV newsman played by Jim Carrey is endowed by God with divine powers, allowing him to perform such feats as parting a bowl of tomato soup like the Red Sea. God's phone number is repeatedly displayed on the newsman's pager whenever the Lord tries to summon him.

Usually, movies and TV shows use the telephone exchange 555, which is not used for homes and businesses. But "Bruce Almighty" used a seven-digit number valid in many parts of the country.

In Cornelia, Georgia, the number belongs to the Reverend Patrick Collington. He's an evangelist who runs Souls for Christ Ministries. His wife, Tracy, says they have gotten about 100 calls since Friday -- mostly people asking for God and hanging up -- but they are NOT bothered.

The family went to see the movie Tuesday night and loved it. In her words, "It was funny, and knowing God's phone number was our number was really something to be excited about."

(Copyright 2003 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

13. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

John, I've been bashed and had my Christianity doubted right along with everyone else. It's part of life. It happens in real life, and no doubt it happens on a message board with thousands of participants. If it bothers someone my personal feeling is that if they can't deal with it they either need to help resolve the problem or leave. What good could possibly come of doing neither? :confused:
    Gina

14. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Three page limit is reached, this thread will close no sooner than 5:15 am EST.
    Get your comments in! [​IMG]
    Gina