1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

news report on the revolve bible

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by kman, Nov 14, 2003.

1. RaptureReady

RaptureReady New Member

Truthly, no I have not. I saw the book here and yes I judged it by it's cover.

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I HAVE read Revolve. I read every article from cover to cover. What you heard is correct. The articles are all VERY WELL written, and are COMPLETELY GOD-CENTERED. I HIGHLY recommend this for teen girl Christians. I bought two, one for each of my two teen daughters. I also passed one to my girlfriend, who attends a Calvary Chapel, is a Bible college grad, and is a middle school teacher. She gives it two thumbs up for every teen girl out there.

Parents, I can't stress this enough:

YOU CANNOT GO WRONG WITH GIVING A COPY OF "REVOLVE" TO YOUR TEEN DAUGHTER. YOU WILL ONLY ASSIST THEM IN THEIR CHRISTIAN WALK.

3. RaptureReady

RaptureReady New Member

Sorry JohnV, but this parent will stick with what has worked for over 400 years now, the King James Bible. BTW, parents I can't stress this enough, if you want your teen to read the Bible, you need to be the example, not some glamour shot publishing of a so called bible. Granted I know that you can't force it on them, but set a reading time in your home, a study time, a devotional time, a prayer time.

4. Johnv

Johnv New Member

That is your right of course, but I'm speaking as a parent who has taken the time to check it out for myself. Any parent on this board who chooses to use the Revolve edition should not be berated by others from doing so.

5. NeilUnreal

NeilUnreal New Member

I hear some people were pretty upset at Gutenberg in his day. Look how that all turned out...

-Neil

6. Elk

Elk New Member

Looking at some of the female teenagers in our church, I think that this concept is great. I have seen it in the stores, but only glanced at it. It seems totally great for a certain teenager age, but my only complaint is...why does it have to be $15.00??? Or even $10.00?
    It is not like a Bible that will last forever.
    But then again, I know I have a lot of trouble with the whole concept of certain prices.
    I just don't get it.
    I know a certain Christian bookstore who actually has sales, but if you look at what is on sale, it is really stuff that should go in the trashcan, busted up junk or ruined junk.
    I don't get that either, for they will sale it at half price!!! What kind of image is that to the new converts?
    Christian tools/books to the convert might be preceived as stuff for the elite and wealthy.
    I don't know of too many teenagers that can afford a $15.00 Bible magazine.
    Nor do I know too many adults who would spend on it, versus getting a brand new Bible.
    But I guess there is a market for it, obviously.
    I do think it is a great tool, but it is the price that I don't like.

7. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

Elk said:

I don't know of too many teenagers that can afford a $15.00 Bible magazine.

Only because they've spent all their income on clothes and CDs.

8. Elk

Elk New Member

Dear Ransom,
    Well, I believe a gigantic Vogue fashion magazine costs $3.50.

But I didn't mean it like that. I meant that I don't know too many teenagers around here that have much of any money or job, those young teenagers, I mean.

9. ScottEmerson

ScottEmerson Active Member

I've read through the Revolve Bible. I think that it's great for what it is. It's not a study Bible, but it is great at two things: Helping the students in their application of the Scriptures to their daily life and opening a door to have a non-believer begin to read to see what it is all about.

The majority of the lost world at this age sees the KJV Bible as nothing more than Shakespeare - writing that was done 400 years ago without relevancy. If they can't understand or process it clearly, it's going to be placed in the same pile. However, for lost students to be able to see that the Scriptures have direct application to the things they are gong through is invaluable.

I give it two thumbs up, myself. They are making one for guys soon, and I'm looking forward to that as well.

10. RaptureReady

RaptureReady New Member

The only reason they see it that way is because of the modern version distort. Next thing you know there will be pastor wife's wearing tank tops and shorts to church.