1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

News: Tenn. Baptists, Gays Clash Over Ordinance

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by massdak, Jan 10, 2003.

1. massdak

massdak Active Member
    Site Supporter

would you like living in a complex full of pedophiles? or full of murderers or swingers or drunkards especially if they were all proactive like most of the homosexual community.

2. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Hi Hailey [​IMG]

Yes, we are to hate the sin and love the sinner. That does not mean we have to live with them. I like pigs; but I'm not going to jump in the mud puddle with them.

In a scenario like the one mentioned in the post after yours...we, as Christians, would be discriminated against. I believe the carnal and fleshly minded would view our lifestyle with hilarity and posssible hatred, therefore, we would not be able to instruct them; and even if they would notice our Godly walk; they would detest it.

"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God; for they are foolishness unto him, neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned". I Corinthians 2:14.

The natural man may be learned, gentle, eloquent, and fascinating, but the spiritual content of Scripture is absolutely hidden from him.

JMHO [​IMG]
    Sue

[ January 20, 2003, 07:58 AM: Message edited by: I Am Blessed 16 ]

3. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

Amen, Sister! [​IMG]

Let's all think about something. Look at all the sin going on in Sodom and Gomorrah. Think of that in context to the gay apartment building. Would you be destroyed with the wicked?

We can do nothing for them until God calls them out of darkness into the light. All we can do is pray. This we should do, but from a safe distance. :D

God Bless. Bro. James

[ January 20, 2003, 06:24 PM: Message edited by: Bro. James Reed ]

4. Rick Sr.

Rick Sr. New Member

Amen Bro. James. Well said. God gave us the choice of following Him or dying. I choose to follow Him. I also choose not to live among the sinful. Preach to them, yes, but not live with them. Rick Sr.

5. JonathanG

JonathanG New Member

Apparently you don't read a lot of Rev Joshuas post. Check his webpage and you will know where he is coming from.

Right or Wrong he continues to stick by his core ideals

May God Bless

Jon

6. C.S. Murphy

C.S. Murphy New Member

If the stance I take is wrong, does the sincerity of my belief in it or the consistency with which I have held that belief make it right?
    Murph

7. jonathanbensaul

jonathanbensaul New Member

To update this issue

The City Council voted to defer action to allow another bill to be presented which would permit religionists to continue to practice discrimination.

A small group of Baptists picketed outside the Council chamber with such "loving" signs as
    "Fags die God laughs" and "God hates Gays."

8. massdak

massdak Active Member
    Site Supporter

you will not see true Christian baptist or any true Christian with signs that read like that. but you do know that Gods wrath is on all sinners. will you please stop condoning sinners as victims.
    these people with signs like fags die god laughs are as much in need of God as the homosexuals.

9. Johnv

Johnv New Member

A small group of Baptists picketed outside the Council chamber with such "loving" signs as
    "Fags die God laughs" and "God hates Gays."

People who tout this "loving" type of Christianity are more in need of God's mercy than any homosexual. Not to mention, they give the rest of us a black eye.

10. Marty Lineberry

Marty Lineberry New Member

Homosexuality is not a sin.

Does that meet the board rules better?????

[ January 23, 2003, 04:44 PM: Message edited by: Marty Lineberry ]

11. Rick Sr.

Rick Sr. New Member

Marty, are you kidding?

12. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I believe this is the same group that protested the SBC in St.Louis this year because the SBC wants unsaved gays to be saved and leave behind the sin of homosexuality.

As for these kinds of measures exempting churches and religious entities, that's not always the case. A similar measure in Louisville, KY, was not going to do so until the Catholic church (which is fairly influential in Louisville) stepped in. Early drafts of the Nashville resolution did not exempt anyone, if memory serves.

13. TomVols

TomVols New Member

One more thing: If we move the convention to cities that don't have this kind of ordinance, we're going to have a small pool of places to choose from. Many cities and several states have the Fairness Doctrine in place, and many more are considering it.

14. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    As this thread has gone to a third page; I am issuning the standard six hour warning. Either Brother Murphy or myself will close this thread No Earlier Than 1:50p(local)/4:50(Eastern).

15. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Time, Brethren and Sisters, Time.