1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

News: Wal-Mart goes sodomy friendly

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Artimaeus, Jul 2, 2003.

1. Artimaeus

Artimaeus Active Member

So, how will this change the way you do your work? </font>[/QUOTE]There are sensitive areas in the work place dealing with money, privacy, and confidentiality. I will now be forced to consider people who have already demonstrated one serious character flaw for positions which require honesty and integrity. Nobody is perfect, but, I cannot just overlook character when it comes to these sensitive areas.

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

If you found out that a college aged kid you hired wasn't a virgin, would you also have the same concerns about money, privacy, and confidentiality?

You've already implied that you would have a problem with this in regard to an atheist.
    Would you also have the same concerns if the person was a Jew, a Jehovah's witness, or a Mormon?

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have you been overlooking the character flaws of fornicators, adulterers, and gluttons?

4. Headcoveredlady

Headcoveredlady New Member

Yeah, I know what you mean. Remember that time the Pharisees caught that woman committing adultery? And then they brought her to Jesus, and said she should be stoned? It was very sad for Jesus to stand up for her. How dare he! [/qb]</font>[/QUOTE]Are you implying that Jesus Christ encourages adultery and cares nothing about it?

5. BrianT

BrianT New Member

Yeah, I know what you mean. Remember that time the Pharisees caught that woman committing adultery? And then they brought her to Jesus, and said she should be stoned? It was very sad for Jesus to stand up for her. How dare he! </font>[/QUOTE]Are you implying that Jesus Christ encourages adultery and cares nothing about it? [/QB]</font>[/QUOTE]No, of course not. I am implying that if standing up for sinners is something that makes you sad, Jesus must make you sad. Standing up for sinners is NOT the same as encouraging sinful behavior, and that is the key problem in understanding in this thread.

6. Artimaeus

Artimaeus Active Member

Have you been overlooking the character flaws of fornicators, adulterers, and gluttons? </font>[/QUOTE]No, I haven't. It is not always a deal breaker but it does matter.

7. Haruo

Haruo New Member

"Cursed be the man who put's his trust in man, and maketh flesh his arm."

Only God is to be trusted!

Mark Osgatharp
    </font>[/QUOTE]I don't know, Mark. So far, there seem to be a number of areas where you can be trusted (e.g. to point out how much God detests me whenever you have an opportunity).

I'll grant you I'm happier with the things I trust God in. ;0)

Haruo
    still hoping to attend your church someday

8. Madelyn Hope

Madelyn Hope New Member

If it is inappropriate behavior for a lesbian to have her girlfriend visit her at work, it should also be inappropriate for a heterosexual to have their spouse or boyfriend/girlfriend visit.

Edited to add: I would stongly encourage anyone who believes that AIDS is a punishment for sin to volunteer to work with AIDS victims. After you get to know people with the disease, you will realize that they are just people -- some are kind, some aren't, some are religous, some are athesists, some are heterosexual, some aren't, etc.

9. ColoradoFB

ColoradoFB New Member

When I heard this on the radio this morning, I knew the board would go bananas over it!

Just a couple of thoughts . . .

1. This is not new. I have worked at companies that have diversity training as a mandatory requirement every year. It never has been an issue.

Last year, there was a case at Kodak in Rochester, NY; an employee fired off a nasty email companywide over a diversity department email asking employees to be kind and helpful if any of their coworkers decided to "come out". He got fired.

2. Just because someone is a Buddhist, atheist, homosexual, black, brown, Mormon, American Indian, or whatever, does not make them untrustworthy. Most people are pretty honest. They just don't agree with the fundamentalist Christian viewpoint, but that doesn't mean they are evil, or would steal or be anything less than honest in their business dealings.

10. ColoradoFB

ColoradoFB New Member

Guess the 3-page limit is not in effect. [​IMG]

11. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Colorado, it is in full effect. [​IMG] Go back in the thread and see where the six hour notice was given that it would close by nine. When a thread reaches 3 pages this notice is given, but it is allowed to continue until the six hour notice expires.
    Which is now.
    So the thread is closed. Interesting discussion though, I must say!
    Gina