1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Newt Gingrich had one message for a homosexual Iowa man:

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by freeatlast, Dec 21, 2011.

1. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

2. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Certainly not the way to win a national election. But hey, I guess he can run his campaign any way he wishes. I do find it odd that someone with his background is trying to take the moral high ground. Homosexuality is a sin, but so is fornication and adultery. Neither should be too quick to point fingers at the other.

3. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Good for Newt. I'm glad to see someone stand against this in opposition to being politically correct.

4. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

There is no doubt that Mr. Gingrich has a past, but the difference is it is past and not present. If you follow your own prescription, and I assume you do so as not to be a hypocrite, then you can never call anyone to repentance because you have also sinned.

5. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Yes I agree. :thumbs:

6. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==If Mr. Gingrich is honest in his repentance then I think that is great. However, just to be up front, I am very untrusting of politicians at his level (Democrat or Republican). I see this kind of behavior as pandering for votes. If I'm wrong, I will gladly say so but my gut is telling me that Gingrich is trying to appeal to the conservative base of the Republican party.

7. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

While I support his stand in this area I am not a big fan of Newt Gingrich and one reason is his policy on illegals, but you need to re-think your position. There are far more homosexuals that have now turned against Newt Gingrich then there are conservatives for him because of that one incident. If what you accuse Newt of, "to appeal to the conservative base," was his strategy then it was poorly thought out and my guess is he lost ground.

#7 freeatlast, Dec 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2011
  8. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==The homosexual community would never have supported Newt for President in a general election so I'm not sure he lost that much. As is clear from this thread, he at least gained some respect from many conservatives. If Newt were to make it to the general election the statement would come back and haunt him. If his goal is to win the primary, and right now that is his goal, it was not a " poorly thought out" statement.

9. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

We will see.

10. preacher4truth

The only way a statement can "come back to haunt you" is if were faking it when you said it. If he stands upon what he said unshaken in time, then good for him, and this would be a true conviction of his, no matter the cost.

11. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist

May I play Devils advocate?

Suppose that was a set up by the Gingrich campaign?

You have to admit, that was a lot of press coverage he got

and have they interviewed the man who made the comment?

Remember Joe the Plumber - all the media was on top of him

Just saying......

12. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No other candidate would have had the nerve.

13. preacher4truth

True, it's counteractive to garnering votes. I am still happy to see a politician stand against the status quo. It seems to me these are as the days of Lot, our world being eclipsed by darkness, and the sodomites leading the charge.

- Peace

P.S. I would have never thought that a big test for being POTUS would be in the form of a question; "What do you think about us h*m!sexuals, do you like what we do, or not!?" I'm glad he went the "or not" route. What amazes me is the amount of believers who couldn't care less about said stand and/or argue away this stand we should hold to in some form of a loophole.

#13 preacher4truth, Dec 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2011
  14. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If so, I'd say it was a brilliant move.

15. marke

marke New Member

16. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

Taking a stand? You're kidding me.

So, the gays can go vote for someone else. What about the liars, thieves, fornicators, idolators, blasphemers, legalists and the like? Why are their sins so much more acceptable?

17. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

They are not, but they are not trying to get special treatment nor are they trying to get the government to sponsor their actions.

18. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fair is fair....

Another forum post was closed as a result of this attached post. If the mods are going to hold to the rule, this one, should be closed due to its title...

>What happened to the rule:

"Please note that according to the Baptist Board User Agreement and/or BB Posting Rules no threads dealing with human sexuality will be allowed in an open public forum. If you feel the need to discuss any subject matter dealing with human sexuality the proper and only permissible place to do so is in either the BB Private Men's Forum or the BB Private Women's Forum depending on the gender of the person starting the thread.

Yours in Christ,

Bible-boy,
    Forum Moderator"

Is that no longer in effect?<

In all actuality, maybe the rule needs to be "tweeked" a little because there are issues that will pertain to this topic, and it needs to be discussed by believers as much as theological differences and opinions.

19. th1bill

th1bill Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have jumped from Newt telling the Homo to vote for the candidate of his own choice to he is being judgmental? What you have demonstrated here is one of the best methods known for baffle the dummies! You have judged Newt ?falsely? while leveling an unsubstantiated charge that he has violated the mysterious and unspoken command of Matthew 7:1 to not judge.

You have also, very un-Christ-like denied the possibility that he may have, as he has indicated he has, repented. That, Martin, reeks of Satan or at the very least his influence. And you have combined all of this wish un-God-like disdain for Newt attempting to run his campaign based on the principals taught by God that, when we, sinners, repent. You might, at this point, find it spiritually beneficial to do a personal Spiritual Inventory.

20. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

You know, other names for "Homo" are "person," "man," "individual," "image-bearer." We don't say "homo" and for good reason. You don't have to approve of the lifestyle, but think about how best to speak of other image-bearers.