1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Newt Gingrich latest conservative to change course

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by ASLANSPAL, Apr 11, 2006.

1. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

2. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

I didn't like the "Old Newt", but this new Newt seems to have developed the capability of rational thought. See, evolution IS real! [​IMG]

3. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

I think you see Pragmatic streaks coming from those you would normally disagree with in the past because the bush culture has hurt this nation and people are trying to save it and I am speaking of conservatives ..so don't pull that from the left drivel...Newt is a thinker ..bush
    goes with his gut and I really doubt wisdom is involved. The bible teaches us to "Acquire it" as in go out and get it..listen to it...learn it..experience it..bush is lacking in all three.

If bush does not focus on killing osama bin laden and reaching out to his father for wisdom in areas...then he will be the worst 8 year Presidnet ever. imho

4. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Newt Transcript

Let's get the facts straight!

Gingrich's position on Iraq has been consistent and clear:
    1. The decision by Paul Bremer to go from a liberation model to an occupation model in June 2003 was a major mistake (Gingrich first said this publicly in December 2003).

2. The United States needs to train the Iraqis as rapidly as possible and "pull back" from the cities to bases and air fields and serve as reinforcers as opposed to occupiers (this position is outlined in today's WSJ as the official policy).

3. The United States is likely to need to keep some forces in Iraq for a very long time (Gingrich has been saying this as far back in 2003).

from newt.org

Martin.

5. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Newt may not be the most scrupulous guy in the world, but he's no fool.