1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NFC North Division

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by ccrobinson, Dec 25, 2005.

1. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

And introducing the 2005 NFC North Division champions, your Chicago Bears! [​IMG]

I loved the first play from scrimmage, though Grossman overthrew Muhammad. It showed that the Bears weren't going to settle for a field position game. After the incompletion, the Bears marched down the field and scored on their first possession. The Packers moved the ball again, just like they did in Chicago, but the Bears D was tougher today. For all the grief I give him, the Packers only moved the ball because Brett Favre plays QB for them. Most other QBs would have curled up into a ball and been crying for Mommy. ;)

The Bears won the division, got a home playoff game and the bye. With Grossman at QB, the Bears are a very dangerous team. Today, they threw the ball more than any Bears team has in the past few years and though the Packers moved the ball, as I said earlier, they only did it because Brett Favre is the QB.

Is there anybody in the NFL that gets a free pass for his mistakes like Favre does? I just don't understand why the sports media kisses his ring all the time. But, as a Bears fan that has a real team to root for (finally!), I'm more than happy with Favre at QB throwing passes to my team. [​IMG]

I'm a little sad that the regular season will be coming to an end next week, because this year has been fun. I love watching these guys throttle offenses. [​IMG]

Urlacher said that he doesn't remember too much about the 2001 season because they didn't win a playoff game. This year will be memorable because the Bears will be in the NFC Championship Game. I don't have a prediction on whether it will be in Seattle or Chicago, but the Bears will be in it.

2. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

It is very exciting!

And wasn't it great to see they win the division at Green Bay [​IMG]

Grossman looked really good. If the defense stays healthy, they have a shot to be very dangerous in the playoffs.

3. wwr 82

wwr 82 New Member

I think it's time for Brett to go, or at the very least realize that he needs to start seriously mentoring Alex Smith.

4. jstrickland1989

jstrickland1989 New Member

Watching the NFC North is like watching powderpuff rugby. BORING!!!

James

5. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

:rolleyes:

What is powderpuff rugby??? :confused:

I find that the charge of boring being raised against a sporting event rather silly. If you don't care about either team in a particular game, then sure, it can be boring. The solution is to go watch, or go do, something else. [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

7. jstrickland1989

What is powderpuff rugby??? :confused:

I find that the charge of boring being raised against a sporting event rather silly. If you don't care about either team in a particular game, then sure, it can be boring. The solution is to go watch, or go do, something else. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    </font>[/QUOTE]Powderpuff is for girls. Just a few weeks ago I had the privilege of watching powderpuff football. Believe me, it's of that, of which you never ever ever want to see. [​IMG] And Powderpuff Rugby is worse. But I did get to see a girl I like play football, it was rather hilarious. ;)

Believe me, I tried to watch NFC North football because I live in Wisconsin, but it's like watching girls hit each other. There's no force to be reckoned with. I have finally learned that NFC North football is quickly becoming one of the most horrible divisions of ALL sports. Although I would say it gets beaten by the NBA Eastern Conference Atlantic Division. And in baseball, I would say the NL West beats it by a tad. :D

James

8. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Huh??? :confused:

This is utter nonsense.

Have you been watching these games and seeing some of the hits the Bears have been laying on the opponent? Did you watch the first Packers game and see Brett Favre take a beating? Did you catch Favre wincing as he went off the field after another crushing sack? That game was not an aberration. The Bears have been beating other teams up this year. No team in the NFL gets to be 11-4 by hitting like girls.

As to your other comments, I've got a news flash for you. Football is not baseball. Football is not basketball. You can't make a reasonable comparison between the 2.

You're still living in 2002, 2003 and 2004 and deciding that the 2005 Bears must be the same bad team. What you fail to understand is that things change in the NFL from season to season. Just because a team is bad in 2004 doesn't mean they necessarily stay bad in 2005.

9. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Oh, I just realized that you're from Wisconsin and I think I know what the problem is. You've been watching the Packers this season and are projecting what they do onto the other teams. I can help you understand the truth about the NFC North.

See, the Packers hit like girls, as do the Vikings and Liedowns. What you've done is watched these teams and projected that behavior onto the Bears. However, the truth is that the Bears hit like men.

I hope this helps. [​IMG]

10. jstrickland1989

11. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

You and me both. I just don't understand why the media makes excuses for him. On Sunday, he threw the pick returned for a TD because he couldn't see around the linemen. So, it's the linemen's fault. If those guys just weren't so tall, Favre wouldn't have thrown the bad pass.

All throughout the game, the announcers talked about Favre not trusting the receivers, so I guess if the receivers were better, Favre wouldn't be throwing so many picks. On and on it goes with the excuses. I don't know, and couldn't care less, why Favre throws so many picks and why he gets a free pass for his mistakes. But, I think he should play another year.

[​IMG]

I think it will be very interesting to see how far the Patriots go. They were very impressive in scoring 28 points on the #2 defense in the NFL a week ago.

12. Tony kelly

Tony kelly New Member

Us Steelers did pretty good so far against the NFC North .To bad we are in the AFC North .

13. Brother Ian

Brother Ian Active Member

Just like the Bears of 1985-1986. I'm looking forward to the playoffs. I hope they can maintain their winning ways (except for the last game against the Vikings).