1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NFL Draft

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by JackRUS, Apr 22, 2006.

1. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

The position they were picked in reality matters not, just semantics.

The problem I have is that for most of the year Mario Williams was not even considered the top player on his own team and now he is supposed to be the #1 player in the draft?

I think this is where the draft goes all wrong. Many base way too much on stats in workouts. Some football players do not have great stats in those workouts. I mean look at Tom Brady and Zack Thomas. Two great players that did not measure up in the draft bacause their stats were not there.

I fully expect Mario Williams to be a bust. He has a lot of pressure on him to perform now since the city wanted Bush or Young. He has a huge target on his back.

2. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

I do agree that the scouts put too much importance on the workouts. It's kind of funny - I think three NC State defensive linemen were drafted in the first round. If they were all really that good, why was NC State so mediocre last year?

3. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I believe that part of the reason that Houston picked Williams was that they wouldn't have to pay as much money to him as they would Bush. Williams was thrilled to be the #1 pick and accepted less money than Bush would have if he were the #1 pick.

4. JackRUS

JackRUS New Member

I think Ohio State had five go in the first round, including one to my Steelers who looks like a good fit. :cool:

That has to really be getting to Michigan though about Ohio State.

How would you rate your teams draft this year?

I would rate the first day for the Steelers as a A-, and the second day as a C. As in wait and C. [​IMG]

5. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I have absolutely no clue what the Chicago Bears were doing. They used almost all of their picks on defense and some of them were major reaches. They passed on taking a TE when TE was supposed to be a strong point in this draft. I would give the Bears a C at best.

6. JackRUS

JackRUS New Member

7. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

Seahawks

Training camp is just around the corner.Apperantly with the draft and the free agent signings the seahawks have done well. I'm thinking they are going to have another great season.