1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NFL Network

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Jimmy C, Nov 30, 2007.

1. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

What a joke - I think this network is run by college interns. The production values are not nearly up to par with Fox ,ESPN or CBS.

Microphones did not work, the announcers were a joke, Gumball couldnt get out of his own way. Called Dallas the Packers several times, called Tony Romo Rick at the end of the game.

Graphics were good back in the 80s

All the whining about the interference call on green bay - give me a break, the dallas receiver had a step on him, the ball was perfectly thrown - it was obvious interference. Are we to believe that NFL cornerbacks are not taught how to "tangle" thier legs up with the receivers in order to try to get away with interference.

By the way - I was sympathetic with the NFL networks battle with the cale companies - until this fiasco. The NFL network needs to get thier own house cleaned up before they start taking more marque games. Look for Fox to demand some consessions if they as the NFC programmer dont get more cowboys games next year

2. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I've never been on the NFL Network's side and don't ever plan to be. Peter King had some good comments about it in his MMQB column on 11/19 and it put me firmly on the side of the cable companies. That's a very strange place to be, I might add, since I can't stand our local cable provider and dropped them last January for Dish network.

Anyway, the NFL owners think they have something that everybody in America desperately wants and it just ain't so.

3. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I dumped Time Warner just to get it and now go with AT&T U-Verse. I like it better anyway, but the bottom line as usual is the fact that the customer is the one losing all the way around...

4. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

Overall I like NFL Network much better than ESPN. ESPN, has become a joke, and nothing more than juvenile hijinx. BOOYAH!

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I love the NFL Network. I hate their game broadcasts, but the network overall is very good. The Replay of top games during the week is excellent. You can watch the whole game in a little over an hour :thumbs:

6. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

Your right, the game replays are great especially the in game comments from some of the participants.

7. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

I agree with you, but I thought it was due to my age. I listen to Mike and Mike and after that I turn the radio to something else, and their's TV isn't any much better.

8. faithgirl46

faithgirl46 Active Member
    Site Supporter

The NFL Network is a travesty. Only a select few can get it whcih isn't right in anyway shape or form
    Faithgirl

9. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I watched parts of the game last night on the NFL network and the announcers were horrible. Well atleast Gumbel was horrible, I think he makes Collingsworth seem bad too. I could even sense a few times his frustration with Gumbel. They have got to do better than that.

10. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

Since when is watching football an inalienable right? It's just sports, girl. Of course, it's easy for me to pontificate when I have Dish Network and get the NFL Network. :laugh:

11. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

By the way, has anyone noticed that the Patriots' final game against the Giants is on NFL Network? If the Pats are 15-0 I can't wait to hear the uproar then.

12. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I know. I don't know why people still have cable when Dish and DirecTV are around the same price, anyway...with a better picture.

13. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Collinsworth needs a better partner. Rich Eisen would do well. Dan Patrick or Olbermann would be a great pick.

14. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Olbermann's way too full of himself. Not a good choice, IMHO.

15. TomVols

TomVols New Member

True. But his knowledge of sports has never been questioned. He's a great lover of baseball. I don't know who lied to him by telling him he's an expert on economics, culture and politics, but they did him a great disservice.

Greg Gumbel, Dan Dierdorf, and Cris Collinsworth would be very entertaining on NFL network telecasts. I like Dierdorf and miss him on Mon night football. Jaworski is just pitiful. Tirico is great.

16. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

Why? Because he thinks Davey Concepcion should be in the Hall of Fame? :laugh:

17. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I also heard that he thinks the Metrodome should be turned into rubble. :wavey:

18. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I can't see paying for a football game unless I attend in person. They chap my hide because it's a pay channel where I live.

19. faithgirl46

faithgirl46 Active Member
    Site Supporter

It isn't an inalienable right. The NFL Network wanted 100,000 for my cable network to broadcast their games. That is absurd. If thereare 8 games on the NFL Netorkthat comes out to 25,000 a game.that is bit rich in my opinion.

20. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Time Warner is also to blaim. They are really trying to act like they are innocent here, but they are not.

When I had Time Warner (dumped them recently for ATT) they also forced me to purchase packages where I may have watched 10% of the channels that they forced me to purchase in order to watch the actual channels I wanted.

I sure hope Ala carte is the future. I would only select 20 channels at the most...