1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NFL Network

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Jimmy C, Nov 30, 2007.

1. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

I only see that as free enterprise at work. Let the market forces run their course. Meanwhile, life will go on.

2. faithgirl46

faithgirl46 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I agree it is free enterprise. Try telling that tothe fans who cannot see the games their favorite team is playing.

3. Chessic

Chessic New Member

I have boycotted NFL Network until they stop reserving special games, like Thursday and Saturday and holiday games, and playoff-implication games for themselves. I am boycotting ESPN until Monday Night Football returns to the air waves.

If the NFL Network and ESPN want to go over the airwaves, I'll end the boycott. Until then I won't be watching as long as I have to pay the incredible rates cable companies get.

That said, I have boycotted cable since the early 80's because of their remarkable rates. Of course this boycott has done absolutely no good and it seems most people today are willing to pay whatever the cable companies charge.

4. JPPT1974

JPPT1974 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wished that I had it as I love the NFL
    Only channel that I really watch!:BangHead:

5. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I'm just up the road from you. You should have the NFL network. Comcast and Charter have it all throughout the Knoxville metro area.

6. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The line still favors New England by 14 1/2, and the game will also be telecast on CBS and another network (NBC?). Evidently oddsmakers think the 16-0 perfect season, and other records-- Brady getting his 50th TD pass, Moss catching his 23rd TD pass-- are motivation to achieve, even against the Giants and their good pass rush. That could be an unforgiving game for NE if they get Brady hurt trying to break records.

Meanwhile the handicappers aren't so taken with other teams that have clunch their positions. Dallas, known to be sitting 5 key players, is a 7 1/2 point underdog to Washington, playing for a playoff possibility. And Tennessee is a 6 1/2 point favorite over Indianapolis; they will definitely have a playoff spot if they beat the Colts, who have everything except homefield if they play NE in the AFC Championship.

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

...just wait until EVERY sporting event goes PPV (pay per view).

8. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

That's a cool word (if it is even a word) :laugh:

9. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

I could stomach the NFL Network games more if someone other than Bryan Gumble was announcing, i had to mute the Giants-Pats game so i wouldn't have to hear that annoying voice.

10. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Could Bryant Gumball and Cris Collinsworth have been more up the Patriots... oh, wait, um... let me start that again.

Could Bryant Gumball and Cris Collinsworth have sucked up more to the Patriots than they did, especially in the first half? I spent much of the first quarter yelling at the TV because those 2 gushed about the Patriots on every other play. It was even more annoying coming from Collinsworth, because I didn't expect it from him.

11. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

I have to disagree because there is nothing more annoying than Bryant Gumball.:laugh: