1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NFL Playoffs 2010 Are Here!

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by JPPT1974, Jan 5, 2011.

1. JPPT1974

JPPT1974 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Discuss here as the playoffs begin this weekend.

1/8/2011:Saints @ Seahawks 4:30PM EST
    Jets @ Colts 8PM EST Both NBC

1/9/2011:Ravens @ Chiefs 1PM EST CBS
    Packers @ Eagles 4:30PM EST NFC

2. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Saints over Seahawks by 14
    Colts over Jets by 7
    Ravens over Chiefs by 3
    Eagles over Packers by 7

3. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Saints over Seahawks
    Jets over Colts
    Ravens over Chiefs
    Packers over Eagles

4. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Colts over Jets/ Jets have been exposed.
    Chiefs over Ravens. KC isn't playing the AFC West
    Eagles over Packers - in a close one, the secondary won't hold up all night for the Pack.
    Saints over Seahawks in one closer than people might think. Tempted to go the other way. saints are banged up

5. R. Lawson

R. Lawson New Member

Saints @ Seahawks - Saints by 21+
    Jets @ Colts - Jets by 3

Ravens @ Chiefs - Ravens by 14
    Packers @ Eagles - Packers by 10

6. mets65

mets65 New Member

I can't believe Seattle beat the saints. Stunning a 7 and 9 team not only making playoffs, but winning a game.

7. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Not surprised at all. Saints were banged up at some key spots and no Super Bowl champ has won a playoff game in a few years. Plus, Seattle is capable of putting together four decent quarters and NO is capable of....well, allowing other teams to do so.

8. mets65

mets65 New Member

I was just surprised any team out of the NFC west won a game. Seattle has some good young receivers (even though Deon Butler got hurt earlier in the season). Brees wasn't in the same form this year as he was last year that is for sure.

9. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Not even a little surprised, Tom? I get that they were banged up, but to allow 41 points to the 7-9 Seahawks is surprising.

I was really annoyed that the Bears lost to Seattle this season, but now, I'm glad they did, because the idiots on ESPN will spend the week talking up how Seattle's going to do this and that because of that game. The Bears aren't giving up 41 points to that team. The Bears have been getting little respect from the media all season, which is just the way I like it.

Here are my divisional round picks.

Chicago over Seattle
    Atlanta over Green Bay
    Baltimore over Pittsburgh
    New England over New York

10. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

You missed... Ravens were your ownly good pick.

Weird how playoffs work.

Go Pack!

11. mets65

mets65 New Member

I hate to say it but I think this is the patriots super bowl to lose. They just look very dominant right now.

12. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

I think it is the entire AFC's to lose, no matter who its representative will be.

13. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

The Bears have lived a charmed existence in 2010, and now they get to play the Seahawks - lady luck gives them another break!

The Bears might be the 3rd best team in their own division behind the Packers and the Lions.

14. mets65

mets65 New Member

I don't know, the Falcons have looked good all year.

15. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

They've played a relatively weak schedule. Don't get me wrong - they are a good team, but I don't think they are any better than the 4 teams left in the AFC. Maybe the Ravens, but I doubt they will win the AFC (they are the weakest of the 4 remaining AFC teams).

This week's game of the Packers-Falcons is the rightful NFC championship game. The Seahawks and Bears are pretenders pure and simple.

16. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Oh, they sure have been charmed. Those 11 wins, including wins over the Iggles and Jets, were completely lucky.

Yep, the Packers and Liedowns are so much better than the Bears that they both won more games. Oh, wait.

You'll not get one [offensive word snipped] Bears fan that thinks this is a great team. The only thing that I really, really like about this team is that they keep playing their guts out for the full 60 minutes. You couldn't always say that about past Bears teams. There weren't many Bears fans that thought Lovie Smith was capable of making this a playoff team. Most of us, going into the season, thought Martz and Cutler were doomed to fall on their face. In fact, most of us think the Bears are going to lose because their offensive line isn't very good.

But, to say that the Bears are the 3rd best team in their own division is utter nonsense.

#16 ccrobinson, Jan 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2011
  17. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

I knew you would like my comment, cc! ;)

Fact is, the Lions beat the Bears in week 1 and were very close to beating them the other time (without Stafford). Let me clarify - with Stafford, the Lions are better than the Bears. The Lions also lost other close games during the season (one against the Jets), all without Stafford. They could have easily been 10-6 this year.

The Pack were also hurt by injuries this year.

When healthy, the Pack are #1, the Lions are #2, and the Bears are a close #3 in the division.

Just wait till next year!

18. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I don't disagree about week 1. Instead of just tucking the ball away, Calvin Johnson wanted to have his "look at me" moment of celebration instead of making sure he had the catch.

But, we don't judge teams in the NFL based on who they should have on the field. We judge teams in the NFL based on who actually plays. If the Bears had a healthy Brian Urlacher in 2009, they would have been a better team, but the fact is that they didn't have a healthy Brian Urlacher and they weren't a good team.

Injuries are a part of the game. The Bears have had great success in part because of the lack of injuries to their key players. But, you can't sit here looking at what might have been and say that you know with certainty who's #1, #2 and #3 in the division. We have to look at things the way they are, not the way we want them to be.

19. mets65

mets65 New Member

Yep injuries affect the game just as much as the actual plays and calling of the game. Sometimes a call isn't fair, sometimes it isn't fair that you have certain players hurt. It's all a part of the game. Otherwise all games would be played on paper.

20. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

cc, your argument seems to be that a team's W-L record is the only factor to consider on who is the better team. Then why have playoffs? We should just have the Pats and Falcons play in the Super Bowl since they had the two best records, and that's the only thing that matters in determining who the best teams are.