1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NFL Predictions for 2005.

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Andy T., Aug 17, 2005.

1. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Washington will go as far as Clinton Portis can take them. I would say maybe 8-8, 9-7 and a shot at the wildcard.

2. PastorSBC1303

I cheer for the Chicago Bears and the Kansas City Chiefs.

I was pretty excited about some of the things the Bears had done in the offseason until R. Grossman went down and they cannot get Cedric Benson in camp. So it will probably be another down year for Chicago.

I am excited about the Chiefs. I think they made some big pick ups on defense and if their offense can hold together for one more year they may have a chance to make a run this year.

But, either way, I am looking forward to another great NFL season!

3. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

As a Bears fan, I don't understand how the GM made no contingency plan for the possiblity of losing Grossman for the 2nd season in a row to an injury. How does Angelo not plan for this possibility and then not have to put together a plan to deal with his own unemployment? I think it's yet another losing season for da Bears. :(

As for Philly, I don't know if anybody else saw this, but I was very surprised by it. From an unknown Eagles source: "If T.O. would have come in quietly, without all this hoo-ha, something could have been worked out. We didn't feel the demand was unreasonable, given the circumstances regarding how he came back from his injury last year and had such a great Super Bowl. But when a guy puts a gun to your head, you're only creating more problems when you give way."

I love how Andy Reid and Donovan McNabb have handled the distraction. Very professional. The easier thing to do is to cave in, trade him or just cut him. They chose what I think is a better path. It's a path that requires Reid and McNabb to show some character and leadership, which they did, and a path that I think is better for the team in the long run. They handled a difficult situation in probably the best possible way and it speaks highly of the character of both Reid and McNabb.

4. Convicted by the Spirit

Andy ... why are the Texans not getting any love ... 6-10? Their receivers are great, if Dom. Davis can hang on to the ball we might win some games. The d-fense could use a little help, but I think we will atleast have a .500 record.

5. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

Well, I had to make the records even out somewhere...

But that's the beauty of the NFL. I wouldn't be all that surprised if the Texans went 10-6 and the Jags went 6-10 (a reversal of my predictions). In actuality, I am not very confident in most of my predictions. The parity in the NFL is difficult to predict. Many times there is very little difference between a 10-6 team and a 6-10 team. About the only pick I'm fairly confident in is Indy going 13-3 (barring an injury to Manning). And I'm probably confident in my 3-13 pick for S.F. Other than that, you could jumble them all up, and I won't be the least bit surprised.

6. Convicted by the Spirit

you are right about Indy and S.F. I see you are from Ohio ... How do you think C.Palmer is going to do this year with the Bengles?

7. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

I'm actually a Lions fan (raised that way). Some of my Bengals friends have given me a hard time about only making them 9-7. I think (like the Lions) they are about a year away from really doing well, although I wouldn't be surprised if either team made the playoffs. The problem with the Bengals is they are in a tough division. I have the Browns at 5-11 (boy, you should have heard the whining from all my Clowns friends on that one), but even they are no pushover.

8. Convicted by the Spirit

I think the NFL does a good job of keeping the teams on a level playing field ... so you will always hear from someone about why their team is ranked too low. With the exception of a few teams like Indy and N.E. on any given sunday any team can lose or win ... which is why it is funner to watch.

9. born again and again

I hope God puts some money on this . . . and wins. Then he won't need so much more.

10. PastorSBC1303

:confused: :confused:

11. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

12. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

13. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

IMO

Peyton will continue to struggle in Foxboro and watch the Patriots three-peat in Superbowl XL.

14. PastorSBC1303

IMO

Peyton will continue to struggle in Foxboro and watch the Patriots three-peat in Superbowl XL.
    </font>[/QUOTE][​IMG] Wow imagine that a Pats fan that thinks they will 3 peat...go out on a limb why dontcha :D

15. steveo

steveo New Member

Americas team will win the super bowl.
    The Dallas Cowboys!
    Actually, I would love to see the bengals win since Dallas isn't the same as the cowboys I grew up on. (Tom Landry days)

16. PastorSBC1303

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

17. steveo

steveo New Member

Glad you got a laugh.

18. PastorSBC1303

Actually I think the Cowboys will be an improved team this year and may make the playoffs. And I also think that Cincy is going to be better. So you may not be too far off, but I do not see either of them winning the superbowl anytime soon.

19. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Don't count on Cincinnati being better. I know it's only pre-season, but they looked awful against Philadelphia. I think I had them at 5-11 or 6-10 and I'm wondering if that was too generous of me.

20. PastorSBC1303

Preseason means absolutely nothing. Teams are evaluating players, not trying to win games.