1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NFL Predictions for 2005.

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Andy T., Aug 17, 2005.

1. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

I don't know- after last nights game between Detroit and St. Louis I think the that there is nothing new about the Lions. They stink plain and simple. The only thing thing the accomplished last night was to further alienate their fans myself included.

2. faithgirl46

faithgirl46 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I do not like the Cowboys. :rolleyes: I refuse to call the Cowboys or any other for that matter, America's Team. I only call the Americans participating in the US OLympics America's Team. As for why I do not like Dallas, I live near an area that shows namely Dallas, and they can do nothing wrong.
    Faithgirl

3. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    NFL prediction?

It will be boring parity again.

4. Friend of God

Friend of God Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree with picking Indianapolis to go all the way to the Super Bowl, and then win it.

I used to be a Lions fan, but after watching them self-destruct (again) on national TV I think we're in for another season of poor excuses from Joey Harrington, and stupid rookie mistakes, and penalties from a supposed group of veteran players. I've seen High School teams play better then the Lions.

5. west

west New Member

My Steelers will probably go to the AFC Title game and lose again .That will make them like 1-6 in AFC championships .

6. WallyGator

WallyGator New Member

After watching Pats dispose of the Raiders, I think they're not quite as good as last year's team but still good enough to make the AFC finals.

7. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    10-4 on preseason. Does anyone really think the Bengals would beat the Eagles 38-0 in REGULAR season? But we gotta remember, the Bengals were a joke and a shambles 3 years ago, and that's not gonna be cured overnight. Unlike their earlier team who just needed a coach like Forrest Gregg, the recent Bungles were short of quality players. That team needed not only a good coach, but a MAKEOVER ARTIST, and I believe they now have one in Marvin Lewis. He's brought them a LONG way, considering he had so little to work with at the start.

The Chargers were like the old Bengals...the players were there; they just needed the right coach.

8. steveo

steveo New Member

Bengals looked pretty good!
    Partly because of no moss or smith, but "Who Dey"

9. west

west New Member

My Steelers are looking pretty good so far .We have a tough game Sunday the Pats .Your right steveo the bengals look good ! When we play each other its always a tough game !

10. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

The Seahawks will win thier first playoff game in over 20 years this year.
    I hope Cincy does well,I love Trent Dilfer.He is a first class guy all the way.

11. LarryN

LarryN New Member

Well, after the manner in which the Vikings were demolished on Sunday (37 to 8), I'll be happy if they're not 0-16 this year. (So far they're 0-2).

12. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

Well since St. Louis does own the Seahawks I can see how you would laugh. You have to realize I'm a homer.I'm bound to be a Seahawk fan which means I can stand incredible amounts of pain.But this year the Seahawks will not only win a playoff game they will also beat the Rams at least once.
    Hows that for optimism?

14. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

15. pastor chep day

pastor chep day New Member

JOE HAS A WINNER IN NASCAR/ TONY...
    4-12 BEARS WRONG: SUPERBOWL/ 10-6 SEASON
    GO BEARS

16. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I don't think so. Thats like this guy I heard on the radio that said the Lions would win 12, make it to the superbowl and Joey Harrington would be league MVP.

My opinion of the Lions- they might win 6 games this year.

17. steveo

steveo New Member

Who dey! Nobody is talking trash about the bengals now. It has been a long time since they have started off this good.
    The real test will be Pittsburgh.
    The offense reminds me of the 90's dallas offense. Marvin Lewis is doing a great job.

18. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Everytime the Bengals have won, I've been reminded of the trap I fell into, which is thinking that preseason games actually mean something. Granted, they haven't had to play the likes of the Eagles, Patriots, Colts and Steelers, but they've won their 4 games fairly convincingly, which is always a good sign. The Bengals have a test this week with the Jags, which I think they'll win, and then they have a trap game with the Titans the week before a showdown with the Steelers. I think the Bengals are looking at 5-1, possibly 6-0, going into the Steelers game. It's nice to see them doing well after a long stretch of abysmal seasons.