1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NFL Season

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by PastorSBC1303, Sep 11, 2006.

1. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

What a great way to begin the NFL season....the Chicago Bears hand Brett Favre the first shutout of his career! :thumbsup:

The Cowboys lose.

The Donkeys lose.

The Lie Downs lose.

Now if the Raiders lose tonight the world will be a good place. :thumbsup:

2. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Let's hear an Amen for all of those. :thumbs:

Have I mentioned that I love it that Brett Favre came back so he could throw more passes to the Bears? :thumbs:

Going to be a long season for the Pack. :applause: :thumbs:

3. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

My prediction on the cowboys proved true on this game - when the line did well the boys did well - against a very strong defensive team the line did not hold up and the boys lost - that and 15 different drive stoppers (penalties, and turnovers) You can live with 8 or nine per game, but they killed themselves with 15

4. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

"Now if the Raiders lose tonight the world will be a good place. :thumbsup:"

SBC, Amen, Amen, Amen. :thumbs: :thumbs:

5. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I can't believe the Donkeys yesterday. It was hard to tell which team Jale Plummer was playing for. He was throwing passes to both sides.

6. PastorSBC1303

:applause: :applause: :applause:

7. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

Chargers 27 Raiders 0

saaaaaluute [​IMG]

Yee haw (Oklahomian for good job) :laugh:

8. PastorSBC1303

Lions WR Roy Williams guarantees win

What in the world is Roy Williams thinking? You just lose at home and only score 6 points and then you go and guarantee a victory against one of the best defenses in the league on the road?

As a Chicago Bears fan, I am very happy to hear this guarantee. It means that the Bears will be even more charged up to dismantle the Lie-Downs this week. :)

9. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Here's my favorite 2 sentences of the article.

:laugh:

The Liedowns gained 251 yards on offense. What a juggernaut.:wavey:

I wish the writer of the article had switched those lines in the article. Would have been even funnier.

10. NateT

NateT Member

While thinking about the Trent Green hit, I'm reminded of what the QB on our BSU intra-mural football team said once.
    I went to a school that was probably 75% engineering and science students. The QB was a physics major. If I remember right, he scored a TD and had his flags pulled off. The ref called him down because his flags fell off (despite being in the endzone). His response was, while pointing to where the flags fell, "If you knew anything about physics, you would know what you're saying isn't even possible."

Reminds me of the idea of a 185lb WR pushing a 285lb LB with such force that the LB was unable to do anything to avoid laying into a sliding QB.

Honestly, I'm just glad Trent Green is ok - even if he never straps on another helmet.

11. PastorSBC1303

Nate, the Chiefs are my 2nd favorite team. I watched that game and saw the hit. It was an awful hit and I was amazed that it did not draw a penalty. I thought once the QB starts his slide it does not matter what happens if you hit him it is a penalty?

I, too, am glad Green is ok. He is a class act and one of the really good guys in the NFL.

12. NateT

NateT Member

Real fans don't have a "2nd favorite team" :laugh:

Of course, real Chiefs fans don't marry a Broncos fan like I did :)

#12 NateT, Sep 13, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2006
  13. PastorSBC1303

Those who marry Donkey fans should not cast the first stone :smilewinkgrin: :thumbs:

14. TomVols

TomVols New Member

The Bengals are one of my two favorite teams (I know, I know....more than one team..blah blah blah...) so I don't want to sound like a homer, but didn't Geathers get pushed a bit and start into Green when Green started sliding? Truthfully, you'd think that would've drawn a flag anyway because the refs are so paranoid about protecting QBs.

15. PastorSBC1303

Tom, do you really think that as Nate said a 185 WR could push that big boy and cause that type of hit? It was obvious that even if he was pushed a bit, he was on his way to hit Green regardless.

16. Blammo

Blammo New Member

Are there no Cowboy fans? No Raider fans?

:tonofbricks:

17. NateT

NateT Member

Would you admit to being a raider's fan? 27-0 at home with a supposedly improved head coach and QB? If the raiders are that improved, then SD is the best team to ever play in the league :)

18. Blammo

Blammo New Member

Did I say I am a Raiders fan? :smilewinkgrin:

I don't think I admitted that, did I?

19. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Big cowboy fan here - the talk radio stations have had a field day (week) what hapened to the high dollar kicker, 3 ints by bledsoe - who should be the starting qb and on and on and on.

Can you imagine what they are saying in oakland, or carolina - what a loss for those boys.

On the hit on Green, havent heard yet - but I imagine a big fine and suspension is on the way. Roy williams (boys safety) will probably get a fine for his crown of the helmut hit on the jags qb - well deserved fine, and what was even worse was his keeping a drive alive for Jax for no reason whatsoever.

20. NateT

NateT Member

Didn't mean to imply that. My deepest sympathies -- I meant simply "If a raiders fan was lurking on the board, do you think they'd actually own up to it."