1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NHL Playoffs

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by ccrobinson, Apr 11, 2007.

1. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

The NHL playoffs start tonight. Who knew? Does anybody have a prediction about who will win Lord Stanley's Cup? Does anybody care? How is it that the NHL has players like Ovechkin and Crosby and nobody knows who they are? How is it that Gary Bettman still has a job as commissioner after he has almost single-handedly ruined the NHL?

2. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

My beloved Avs missed the playoffs...i'd rather not talk about it.:tonofbricks:

3. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

As long as the Dead Wings don't win, I am good.

4. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I'm dying here....
    My Preds score twice in the last six minutes of regulation, only to be stoned for a furious OT and lose in the 2nd OT.

Two weeks ago, my boys were about to win the President's trophy. Now, we're down 1 to a team that put us out of the chase last year.

My two favorite teams are Nasvhille and whoever plays Detroit :laugh:

I'll be away and won't be able to watch my Preds after tomorrow night. I'm going to have withdrawl symptoms.

5. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Bring it! The Detroit bashers just can not stay silent for very long.:laugh: Well when your the best thats what happens.

I sure miss not being able to see any games though.:tear:

6. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

By the way the wings won last night in good fashion, burying the Calgary Shames 4-1. They have the longest post season appearence streak than any other team in north american sports- 16 straight years. Go Wings!

7. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I care about hockey about as much as I care about Nascar and that is very little...

8. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

But when over half of the league gets into the playoffs, how much does this really mean? :smilewinkgrin:

9. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

When are the Detroit victory parades scheduled this year? They were sooooo much fun last year :saint: :wavey:

10. pocadots1990

pocadots1990 Member

The NHL is no longer on strike? Are they playing hockey? :laugh:

I'd rather watch basketball, football, or baseball.

11. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

I am a relatively new hockey fan, and have only been watching it for the last 10 years or so. I got into hockey when the Lightning came to Tampa Bay. I went to the games at the expo hall, the Thunderdome (now Tropicana) and the Ice Palace (now "the stadium formerly known as the Ice Palace"). As a result, I am a huge Bolts fan.

Still seems to me that the Sabres are the team to beat.

What about Lecavalier and St. Louis?
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17973107/

:laugh:

Go Bolts!

Regards,
    BiR

#11 Baptist in Richmond, Apr 14, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2007
  12. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

I think you will be pleased with the outcome....

Regards,
    BiR

13. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Wings dominate again! :thumbs:

14. gekko

gekko New Member

dallas is goin down!

super lui FTW!

canucks are gon' finaly get further in the playoffs this year. haha.
    go Canucks!

15. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    DALLAS STARS - 2, Vancouver Can't-nucks - 0.

Other than a cheap shot on Morrow late in the game the Can't-nucks did nothing all game long(hopefully, the NHL will suspend Burrows for game 7). They were pathetic. I hope that they keep playing that way on Monday as well.

I don't know if Dallas will win Game 7 but the Can't-nucks sure looked like a mentally beaten team tonight. Turco's shut out tonight may have been the easiest shut out by a goalie in NHL Stanley Cup playoff history.

16. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Speaking of chep shots...

The Flames back up goalie slashed Johann Franzen last night in the Wings 5-1 victory. That is what we have come to expect from Calgary though. When they do not win they turn nasty.

17. Rooselk

Rooselk Member

I am a Canucks fan. I was disappointed by the way the team played yesterday and I'm concerned they've got themselves to the point where the series will now go to seven games. Fortunately for the Canucks that game will be played in Vancouver. But momentum is now on the side of the Stars and I fear that there is a very good possibility that the Canucks will not make it to the next round.

I don't follow baseball or basketball and I guit watching the NFL many years ago. There's nothing quite like playoff hockey and despite how my team does I always look forward to this time of year.

18. gekko

gekko New Member

canucks may not win tonight... but i don't think it'll be a shut-out...

19. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

The Flames are somke!

With a 2-1 double overtime win last night in Calgary, the Redwings somthered the Flames. It was fitting that Franzen scored the game and sieres winning goal after being careved up the previous night.

What out west! These wings will have you seeing red. I hope Dallas makes it through to the next round. That matchup would bring back memories of playoffs gone by.
    Go Wings!

20. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I'm not. I'm frustrated, as usual. San Jose takes us down for the second year in a row. I doubt Forsberg will return, and Vokoun isn't going to be around forever. Maybe Mason will be better between the pipes anyway, although that was last year's excuse.

Oh well, the only redeeming thought I still have is the Red Wings could lose. That would make my day a little brighter.