1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nine dead as thousands ordered to evacuate

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by Pete, Jun 10, 2007.

1. Pete

Pete New Member

G'day from Newcastle all. We just got power back on here this afternoon after it was off for about 37 hours. Power outage and missing most of the side of my shed is only problem we had at our place.

Pray for all those affected by this in one way or another, because there are going to be plenty of them. Some suburbs still flooded.

God bless all

Pete

2. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

Glad to hear from you Pete, I had been aworritin"about you, God bless and keep you safe. :wavey:

3. Pete

Pete New Member

Hey thanks BG :)

Yeah, fibro sheets made a bit of noise coming off my shed at 2am, but if that's the worst we get we've done well.

Just had news on, a batch of shops in city itself and some suburbs have to write-off all their stock, cars abandoned on roads left right & centre...Around about 20-30cm of rain was the average over Friday night.

4. Pete

Pete New Member

The worst of the weather is over, now comes the cleaning up for a lot of people.

But speaking of cleaning up....better not use the news links in this thread for a while. News site has an inappropriate thumbnail for an inappropriate video story at the moment...Sad when even news sites aren't safe...

5. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

.....arrh the cleanup....yucky and depressing....hope an old aquaintance in east Maitland is ok.....will check....