1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

nip and tuck

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by massdak, Oct 25, 2003.

1. massdak

massdak Active Member
    Site Supporter

i watched this show the other nite
    many will say that it is not proper and i will not debate that matter on this thread. but it was interesting how the show was about a cheating women was involved with a married doctor, she was in remission for cancer but having surgery for her breast apparently caused her remission to subside. anyway she decided instead of an inevitable lingering death to take matters in her own hands and commit suicide, the show showed her taking pills and then placing a bag over her head while she clutched the hand of her adulterous cohort and peacefully slipping off. it was disturbing to me that this person must of thought that no accountability to God was even an issue, she must of pictured a safe and peaceful end of never having to bare the pain.
    any thoughts on this?

2. computerjunkie

computerjunkie New Member

My first thought is that most non-Christians probably don't consider "acountability to God" as an issue. That's why we need to be sharing Jesus Christ with those who don't know Him.

My second thought is why are you watching a program that, according to your description, glamorizes adultery and suicide?

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Agree with cj, but...

This is the agenda for today - don't EVER think about eternity. If life gets tough - quit! Satan is having a field day with this new sick philosophy.

4. massdak

massdak Active Member
    Site Supporter

every secular show will glamorize sin to a certain degree, just some are more crude then others, again i didn't wish to debate why i watched the show but was interested in the mind set that says as the scripture tell>>

Psa 14:1 [[To the chief Musician, [A Psalm] of David.]] The fool hath said in his heart, [There is] no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, [there is] none that doeth good.