1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NIV & New Age Movement by Al Lacey

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by DeclareHim, Jul 19, 2004.

1. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Michelle:My post was not talking about being misused. My post was concerning deception caused by word changes and alterations that are New Age in terminologies and meanings, such as the phrase "the One" or "His Name". This is being done purposely.

Pure conjecture and imagination.

And yes, there is a boogeyman in the shadows, who does exist, and his name is Satan, or the dragon, or the serpent, or the Devil, or Lucifer. It would do many good, to keep on the look out, and keep thier lights so shining to keep this boogeyman in the shadows away from them and others.

This we do by refuting the KJVO myth, among other things.

2. michelle

michelle New Member

Let our light also so shine that it exposes those in the darkness, so that you know who the boogeyman is, and what he is doing or trying to do. Do you lock your doors at night? Do you have exterior lights that shine out into the dark yard? Many do, so that it keeps those boogeymen away, and in some cases for the more bold boogeymen that come into the light, are exposed and seen. Why then should it be any different spiritually?

love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
    michelle

3. LarryN

LarryN New Member

Michelle wrote in another thread back on April 14th:
    Michelle, are you still trying to establish this tired, old, beyond dubious linkage between MVs and the New Age?

When you accused the phrase "the Christ" in MVs of being a new-ageism, I provided you with nineteen examples of "the Christ" appearing in the KJV. In case you missed them, here they are again:

Mt 16:16 -
    And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

Mt 16:20 -
    Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

Mt 26:63 -
    But Jesus held his peace. And the high priest answered and said unto him, I adjure thee by the living God, that thou tell us whether thou be the Christ, the Son of God.

Mr 8:29 -
    And he saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Peter answereth and saith unto him, Thou art the Christ.

Mr 14:61 -
    But he held his peace, and answered nothing. Again the high priest asked him, and said unto him, Art thou the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?

Lu 3:15 -
    And as the people were in expectation, and all men mused in their hearts of John, whether he were the Christ, or not;

Lu 9:20 -
    He said unto them, But whom say ye that I am? Peter answering said, The Christ of God.

Lu 22:67 -
    Art thou the Christ? tell us. And he said unto them, If I tell you, ye will not believe:

Joh 1:20 -
    And he confessed, and denied not; but confessed, I am not the Christ.

Joh 1:41 -
    He first findeth his own brother Simon, and saith unto him, We have found the Messias, which is, being interpreted, the Christ.

Joh 3:28 -
    Ye yourselves bear me witness, that I said, I am not the Christ, but that I am sent before him.

Joh 4:29 -
    Come, see a man, which told me all things that ever I did: is not this the Christ?

Joh 4:42 -
    And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.

Joh 7:41 -
    Others said, This is the Christ. But some said, Shall Christ come out of Galilee?

Joh 10:24 -
    Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly.

Joh 11:27 -
    She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world.

Joh 20:31 -
    But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

1Jo 2:22 -
    Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

1Jo 5:1 -
    Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

---------------------------------------------

Your other "samples" of new-ageisms in MVs are equally dubious.

4. michelle

michelle New Member

--------------------------------------------------
    Michelle:My post was not talking about being misused. My post was concerning deception caused by word changes and alterations that are New Age in terminologies and meanings, such as the phrase "the One" or "His Name". This is being done purposely.

Pure conjecture and imagination.

And yes, there is a boogeyman in the shadows, who does exist, and his name is Satan, or the dragon, or the serpent, or the Devil, or Lucifer. It would do many good, to keep on the look out, and keep thier lights so shining to keep this boogeyman in the shadows away from them and others.

This we do by refuting the KJVO myth, among other things

There is more danger in the NIV than there is believing and sharing what you call the KJVO myth. Please explain to me, how believing that God already provided the English speaking people his words 100% and accurate to be a boogeyman or work of Satan? How is this dangerous to one's understanding of God as he reveals He is, and what He has done and what He expects? This can be said of other versions out there - they are dangerous int this regard, as they have altered God's revelation of Himself. It is not conjecture, nor is it imagination, but fact, to which you deny and is thus opionion based upon misunderstandings, misinformation, assumptions, excuses, and blindness/deception concerning this serious issue. Many put a finger in both ears and cry "Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah, I don't want to hear this!" because for some strange reason many just cannot or will not accept the truth yet concerning this issue.

michelle

5. michelle

michelle New Member

Ah, but Larry dear brother, those scriptures describe in the very same verse WHO THE CHRIST IS, unlike the modern versions that leave that important part out in most cases among many other problems in those versions. Keep sticking your fingers in your ears, and crying, I don't want to hear this, I don't want to see this. Someday you will, and I do hope for your sake, as well as others, that the Lord will show this to you before it is too late.

michelle

6. LarryN

LarryN New Member

Michelle wrote:
    Michelle, Would you provide a specific example (chapter & verse) please?

7. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Michelle:There is more danger in the NIV than there is believing and sharing what you call the KJVO myth.

Still, pure imagination. NO PROOF!

Please explain to me, how believing that God already provided the English speaking people his words 100% and accurate to be a boogeyman or work of Satan?

Because God has provided MANY versions of His word 100% accurate in English. No two English BVs are alike.

The Geneva Bible was only 51 years old when the AV was released. Is the geneva Bible God's word or not? The AV is different from it.

How is this dangerous to one's understanding of God as he reveals He is, and what He has done and what He expects? This can be said of other versions out there - they are dangerous int this regard, as they have altered God's revelation of Himself.

How do YOU know the KJV isn't altered? If you can't prove it, the KJV standa as great a chance as any other version of having been made from altered mss.

It is not conjecture, nor is it imagination, but fact, to which you deny and is thus opionion based upon misunderstandings, misinformation, assumptions, excuses, and blindness/deception concerning this serious issue. Many put a finger in both ears and cry "Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah, I don't want to hear this!" because for some strange reason many just cannot or will not accept the truth yet concerning this issue.

Actually, it's because we know a humbug when we hear one.

8. michelle

michelle New Member

Beware! There are many wolves in sheeps clothing, and they indeed have done their job, even subtily as their master Satan. Whether they are aware of it or not, this is indeed the truth, and our Lord Jesus warns us of these things.

Yerp! One of those devices is called "KJVOism

You keep claiming this, yet have not provided one example of how this is so. How is believing that we already have been given God's word 100% accurate in the English language the work of the Devil and a bridge for the coming one world religion? How is pointing out those errors in the modern versions deceptive and a tool being used for this? How is assuring others that we have God's pure words 100%, deceptive and a tool being used by Satan? Do you believe we do? How is this deceptive? How is this hurting others? How is this pulling all religions into an ecumenical position? The fact and truth of the matter it isn't and causes division, because it is the truth. Jesus said, he did not come to bring peace on earth, but rather division. Truth does not, and cannot compromise. Because their ego and pride and cherished version might not be 100% accurate and that they have been decieved? That they are told we do have every single word of God uttered by him for us in our own language? That God is powerful enouph, and loving enouph to provide HIS words of truth for all generations?

The deception is coming from those who do not believe nor see those errors in the mv's, and when they do, then excuse them away as if they were unimportant, and ultiimately compromise with error.

michelle

9. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Michelle,

How is having the Bible in a language people in the 21st century can understand a tool of Satan?

10. michelle

michelle New Member

Still, pure imagination. NO PROOF

The PROOF is there, out there, but you are only blinding yourself from seeing or listening to the truth of the PROOF. Your denial of the PROOF is your own folly regarding this issue. Many people tell me that my faith in Jesus Christ is my own imagination. This is because they do not yet see the truth. I can understand how you "think" that what I have said is my imagination, but that doesn't make it so. Again, it is your biased and misinformed opinion based on your stubborness and/or blindness of the facts and evident proof given to you as well as evidenced out there.

michelle

11. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Why do I think you are not going to get your proof Roby?

"The proof is out there"

12. LarryN

LarryN New Member

IMHO, I can imagine that Satan would instead be interested in attempting to relegate God's word solely to the increasingly archaic language of a early 17th-century translation, thereby rendering it less-effective in reaching a 21st-century world.

13. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Michelle:You keep claiming this,(KJVOism corrupts) yet have not provided one example of how this is so.

EASY! YOU'RE a prime example! You don't believe any other English BV is God's word, do you? You deny you're KJVO, but you absolutely refuse to tell us what other BV(s) you'd recommend. Therefore, you've been blinded into believing many valid versions of God's word actually ARE valid.

The PROOF is there, out there, but you are only blinding yourself from seeing or listening to the truth of the PROOF.

No, I simply don't allow my IMAGINATION to run that wild.

Your denial of the PROOF is your own folly regarding this issue.

If it aint there, IT AINT.

Many people tell me that my faith in Jesus Christ is my own imagination. This is because they do not yet see the truth.

A different matter entirely.

I can understand how you "think" that what I have said is my imagination, but that doesn't make it so.

But LACK OF PROOF does make it so. Your "proof" is tenuous at best. Just because a certain term or phrase appears in both a BV and a cultic catchphrase doesn't mean they're connected. That's why I know this "conspiracy" is simply a product of your imagination, or that you actually believe Gail Riplinger's blarney.

Again, it is your biased and misinformed opinion based on your stubborness and/or blindness of the facts and evident proof given to you as well as evidenced out there.

And again, there's not been one blip of evidence or proof given! Just because some words/phrases found in the NIV are also used by the NAM doesn't mean squat!

We know the AV translators inserted "God forbid" in the KJV, a phrase not found in the Greek for the verses where it appears, and from reading many tales of knighthood/chivalry, I saw "God forbid" used by various knights and chars within the stories, some of them good people, others, evil. By your standards, I reckon the KJV is secretly fomenting a revolution against the govts. of England and France by the descendants of those knoghts.

14. NaasPreacher (C4K)

IMHO, I can imagine that Satan would instead be interested in attempting to relegate God's word solely to the increasingly archaic language of a early 17th-century translation. </font>[/QUOTE]Would that be like the Catholic Church keeping the Bible in Latin so that people could not understand it?

15. michelle

michelle New Member

Michelle,

How is having the Bible in a language people in the 21st century can understand a tool of Satan?

Maybe one of the reasons many 21st century people desire a bible that they say they can "better understand" is because they do not REALLY desire to understand and therefore can't understand what has clearly already been given and satan uses this. Many 21rst century people understand and desire those things of the New Age, and I know from first hand experience, because I was once there. People have the tendency, now more than ever before, to have things done for them, make life easier and more fun and happy(feel good) and self centered. God desires us to work for our meat, and it is by Him who we receive understanding. We are also told, we must suffer much trial and tribulation. The things of God are to the natural man, hard to be understood. It takes a great desire to know God and his truth, and humbleness, reverence and fear of God and through prayer and meditation on the scriptures that we learn and understand, which comes from God, through the Holy Spirit. There are many things that are hard to be understood, that we do not all have understanding, and it is a dangerous thing for one to recieve understanding from someone, or something else that has not come directly by the Holy Spirit of God (like the versions that paraphrase). That is not saying that God doesn't use others for the benefit of others to understand, that is what Pastors, and elders do to an extent, but even with that, it must come from the Lord convicting the persons heart with his truth and from his words of truth and nothing else. If that is altered, then the understanding is altered, and God's revelation of himself is altered, affecting our understanding of who God is, what he has done, and what he expects. WE in essence worship a false God, if our understanding of him is altered from what he has revealed to us in his word. And if God's word is altered, then how then can it peirce a man's heart, as God has said his word is like a two-edged sword, that peirces a man's heart. This is conviction of God's truth, that the Holy Spirit convicts as we read/hear, the very words of God. If they are altered/changed/omitted, how then can they convict toward true repentance and worship for it is no longer God's pure words of truth?

More to answering your question, on how a Bible in the 21rst language is a tool of satan. I thought I explained this in one of my posts as well as this one. If you now do not understand what I have said after this post and the others, then I will try to explain it better.

michelle

16. NaasPreacher (C4K)

If the fault is our laziness - would we not be better to learn Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek so that we can get even closer to the scriptures the way God wrote them?

17. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    C4K:Why do I think you are not going to get your proof Roby?

"The proof is out there"

"It's the same ole song"-The Four Tops

18. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Michelle:Maybe one of the reasons many 21st century people desire a bible that they say they can "better understand" is because they do not REALLY desire to understand and therefore can't understand what has clearly already been given and satan uses this.

And maybe, most likely, PROBABLY, not. The AV was in the current language of its day, remember.

Many 21rst century people understand and desire those things of the New Age, and I know from first hand experience, because I was once there. People have the tendency, now more than ever before, to have things done for them, make life easier and more fun and happy(feel good) and self centered.

So, what's wrong with being modern? The people of Jesus' time were quite well-advanced in "modern "things than were those of Moses' time.

God desires us to work for our meat, and it is by Him who we receive understanding. We are also told, we must suffer much trial and tribulation.

No, we're to be PREPARED for those things. They do NOT come to every Christian.

The things of God are to the natural man, hard to be understood. It takes a great desire to know God and his truth, and humbleness, reverence and fear of God and through prayer and meditation on the scriptures that we learn and understand, which comes from God, through the Holy Spirit. There are many things that are hard to be understood, that we do not all have understanding, and it is a dangerous thing for one to recieve understanding from someone, or something else that has not come directly by the Holy Spirit of God (like the versions that paraphrase). That is not saying that God doesn't use others for the benefit of others to understand, that is what Pastors, and elders do to an extent, but even with that, it must come from the Lord convicting the persons heart with his truth and from his words of truth and nothing else. If that is altered, then the understanding is altered, and God's revelation of himself is altered, affecting our understanding of who God is, what he has done, and what he expects. WE in essence worship a false God, if our understanding of him is altered from what he has revealed to us in his word. And if God's word is altered, then how then can it peirce a man's heart, as God has said his word is like a two-edged sword, that peirces a man's heart. This is conviction of God's truth, that the Holy Spirit convicts as we read/hear, the very words of God. If they are altered/changed/omitted, how then can they convict toward true repentance and worship for it is no longer God's pure words of truth?

M'am, you have yet to provide one scintilla of PROOF that MVs alter God's word. Just because "it aint the KJV" doesn't mean it was altered.

However, if that's your standard, then we must say the KJV altered God's word. The Geneva Bible was only 51 years old in 1611 & was considered the "standard" by the British, but KJ used his authority to replace it with the AV, which is DIFFERENT from the GB. Care to try to explain THAT one?

More to answering your question, on how a Bible in the 21rst language is a tool of satan. I thought I explained this in one of my posts as well as this one. If you now do not understand what I have said after this post and the others, then I will try to explain it better.

Please try. All we've seen so far is your imagination, guesswork, and fishing stories.

19. michelle

michelle New Member

Michelle:You keep claiming this,(KJVOism corrupts) yet have not provided one example of how this is so.

EASY! YOU'RE a prime example! You don't believe any other English BV is God's word, do you? You deny you're KJVO, but you absolutely refuse to tell us what other BV(s) you'd recommend. Therefore, you've been blinded into believing many valid versions of God's word actually ARE valid.

You never answer any questions posed to you, but expect others to answer the questions you pose to them, and then claim that they haven't answered your question. I have answered you many times robycop, what other versions are valid. Any version prior to the KJV and including the KJV based upon the Recieved Text - (not necessarily the Shrivners text, for this was made after the KJV and is not full representation of what the previous translators had available to them and used) are God's words of truth. These have been the the word of God, as he has provided for the english speaking people for hundreds of years, and in all the true churches from the time of our Lord Jesus Christ until now. I do not doubt this one bit. Do you?

I do NOT consider any of the versions from 1881 until now that are based upon the critical greek text, the pure word of God, based on the fact that there is evidence of error, and omittions/alterations from the history, standing, available and preservation of God's holy words that has been believed, taught, memorized, lived and preached in the true churches for centuries. The versions based on the critical greek text come from corrupt greek manuscripts, as is evidenced when one compares them to the word of God churches believed, and held to from the past unto this very day. God does not change, nor does his word of truth change. The modern versions are strange and alien to the pure word of God from the past even unto this present and for all eternity.

Now are you going to answer my question to you, or evade it again? How is KJVO a myth? What I have just posted here is fact, not myth.

michelle

20. michelle

michelle New Member

If the fault is our laziness - would we not be better to learn Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek so that we can get even closer to the scriptures the way God wrote them?

We do not need to, for God provided for us his word in our own language, that we still use and understand to this very day. It is a far stretch to compare learning one's own language better to that of a completely foriegn language, to which one cannot even understand one's own language first to the full extent. This is ludicrous thinking, and evading the truth and relative point in this topic. This excuse and reasoning is getting old and is very irrelevant to this topic at hand. Classic evasion of the hard core truth. Why do you all keep covering your eyes with these blinders? Is the light too bright for you to handle?

michelle