1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NJ Teacher union boss calls for governor's death...

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by rbell, Apr 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rbell

rbell Active Member

...ah, the wonderful world of teacher's unions.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100412/ap_on_re_us/us_nj_governor_union_memo

If the teacher's unions would simply go away, education would move light years forward in this country.

Can you imagine if a conservative called on the governor to take a dirt nap...even if it was some kind of sick joke? The firestorm would envelop the whole state.

I look for democrats in NJ to break their collective backs bending over backwards to defend/excuse/justify this monumental lapse in judgment.

2. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God knows I'm no fan of unions, including the NJEA (of which, ironically, I was once a member), but it looks like he was just making a bad joke, not actually calling for Christie's death.

3. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

I'm just waiting for the liberals on this board to speak out against this. Remember, they said that Palin using the word "reload" was inciting violence.

4. rbell

rbell Active Member

OK, I agree with you: I should've named the post differently.

But I do think there's the valid question: Should someone whose sense of judgment is that bad be in charge of all the unionized teachers?

5. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Yes!

When that's the best their membership has to offer.

Think about it!
    (Cream rises to the top. If this is the best representation for teachers.... what does that say about them and their judgement. [I'm sure there ARE better teachers with good judgement among the group.... but they just don't have the support to place them in positions....... maybe its because they are the ones more faithfully teaching and trying to make a difference in the class room instead of spending their time on power plays and politics and union games.])

:tear:

#5 windcatcher, Apr 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2010
  6. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    WC sez:
    Probably a lot of truth here, as well as "The Peter Principle" in play!!

7. billwald

billwald New Member

Note the lead paragraph of the cited story:

TRENTON, N.J. – The president of a state teachers union left a meeting Monday with Gov. Chris Christie after refusing to fire a local president who wrote a memo that joked about the governor's death, further escalating a rift that began before Christie's election.

Anyone out there who has trouble reading and understanding it?

The first version I saw of this joke was right winger using it to insult Obama.

Anyone out there who doesn't understand "what goes around comes around?"
    This applies double in spades.

For anyone who doesn't understand "in spades," see http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/in-spades.html

8. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Again, it may be autism on your part!

9. matt wade

Say hello to your other personalities (dragonfly, Terry_Herrington, Dagwood) for me. Dagwood isn't officially banned yet, maybe you could start posting under that alias again?

10. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Thanks for the information! :thumbsup:

11. rbell

rbell Active Member

Look RS...nix the autism jokes. Making light of that has no place on a Christian board.

Or perhaps you'd like to explain to our dear friends what's so "funny" about autism, and why a Christian such as yourself is using it as a punchline.

Make fun of me all you want...but nix the autism bit.

12. rbell

rbell Active Member

So billwald, is there any actions by union folks that you won't defend?

13. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

I was not making fun of autistic people and you know it. You, like your friend, Matt Wade are just using it as an insult.

Also, of all the people on the BB complaining about insults, you and Wade certainly aren't the one's to do it!

14. matt wade

You still don't get it do you? No, you weren't directly making fun of autistic people. You were just making light of the disorder that they have. To attempt and insult someone by saying that they must have autism is just demeaning to those that really have the disorder. It would be like me saying that you are so clumsy that you must be a Jerry's Kid. That would be offensive and highly inappropriate, so I'd never say it (except in this example to spell things out to you).

Grow up and stop throwing immature insults. If you are going to play the multiple identities game here on this board, at least have all those identities appear to be Christian and don't insult groups of people with disorders such as autism.

15. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Once again:
    As an uncle of an autistic nephew, I take a very dim view of using the word as a punch line. So, dim in fact, that I am closing this thread with prejudice,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.