1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NKJV translation error?

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by NaasPreacher (C4K), Dec 2, 2003.

1. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

timothy 1769 said:

Great, so it shouldn't be hard for you to quote the baseless accusation. Please do so.

WARNING - - - MAXIMUM FRUSTRATION LEVEL EXCEEDED - - - WARNING

I have repeated your slander several times. Obviously you are playing stupid to avoid admitting error.

Have fun. I have now made my point at least three times and I am not going to dance with you again. It takes a lot for me to deliberately ignore someone. Congratulations, you have just beome one of the elite few, where you will already find a number of KJV-onlyists; you can slap each other on the back and bray about how you done larned me good.

2. timothy 1769

timothy 1769 New Member

Originally posted by Ransom:
    Do you think I am an idiot?

I want to go further - not only do I not think you're an idiot, I think you're easily one of the smartest people in this forum.

3. timothy 1769

timothy 1769 New Member

Originally posted by Ransom:
    It takes a lot for me to deliberately ignore someone. Congratulations, you have just beome one of the elite few ...

I hope you will reconsider one day, but if not I will still enjoy reading your posts. I am sorry for my part in this whole mess, I certainly can be an insensitive, blind idiot at times. I will pray about this. I'm not especially proud of my behavior on this thread or of this outcome.

Still your brother,
    Tim

4. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I asked a question. If I was operating on the absolute assumption that you had committed a Freudian slip, I would have said "You made a Freudian slip."

And yes, while we are at it, it does matter greatly to make sure of the grammar that is being used in discussions with KJVO's. Perhaps not you, but there are some who have raised the KJV to the position of an idol.

Dumb idols do not speak. Nor does the KJV.

5. timothy 1769

timothy 1769 New Member

Scott,

Fair enough.

6. Spirit and Truth

Spirit and Truth New Member

I do not know much about the NKJV translation, but after all of these posts, I am going to check into it closer. I found an article on a site that talked about the emblem that is on the cover of the NKJV bible. Below is an excerpt. The full article can be found here:

http://www.SeekGod.ca/warning.htm

This triskele symbol in Fig. 4 ."is used to exorcise evil spirits." It is strikingly similar to Fig. 2 and also the Logo found on the New King James Bible, published by Thomas Nelson Publishers (TAN).Thomas A. Nelson is a devout Catholic.

Figure 4 Triskele
    Figure 5 Logo of New King James Bible (TAN) 5.

Triskeles are of pagan and occult origins and are connected to swastikas, reincarnation, magic and the yin-yang.

"the triskele (or triskelion) is one symbol that appears in many logos today "The triskelion (Greek for three legs) is a symbol of the sun intended to express motion. A similar device, with four legs, called a tetraskelion, is a modification of the swastika" 1 Like the swastika, it is considered to be a good luck symbol.2 "

"An occult organization sells a triskelion and serpent pendant. They brag: "Double magic! Designs on both side (sic) of this unusually attractive pendant. One side bears the three-legged triskeles symbolizing rising, zenith, setting. On the other [side the] serpent portrays strength, divine power, infinite wisdom, eternity."3 Another catalog tells us that the "'legs' represent birth, death, and rebirth."4 Of course, this is a reference to REINCARNATION."

"We must remember that since the triskele is "a Celtic version of the Yin-Yang symbol of life,"5 and a modification of the swastika,6 ?"

"A New Age organization sells a Celtic Goddess Pin. It is described like this: "Symbols of the triskele (the sea, good luck) and cauldron (abundance, inspiration) celebrate Cerridwen: Celtic goddess of transformation, who offers guidance and spiritual renewal at crucial junctures in the lives of her devotees. In Welsh mythology, she guarded the cauldron of inspiration and was the muse of the bards." "Cerridwen is the goddess of wisdom and witchcraft..." [Emphasis in the original]  6

7. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Spirit and Truth, the web site is not worth the bytes it's stored on.

There are hundreds of different versions of what is knows as a "triskelion". It's a natural shape that's visually pleasing and geometrically simple. It should be no surprise that forms or variations of it have been used that's been copied often. Many plants have foliage that grow this way naturally. The clover, for example, is a natural object that follows this form.

In Christian history, it was often used as a symbol of Christianity, representing the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. Other symbols that have been used as Christian symbols are the ichthus, pentagram, and cross. The fact that these symbols have all in one for or another been used by non-Christians is coincidental to their use in Christianity.

8. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

Spirit and Truth said:

This triskele symbol in Fig. 4 ."is used to exorcise evil spirits."

Freedom from evil spirits is one more point in the NKJV's favour!

[looking] I don't see any evil-spirit-scaring symbols on my KJV.

9. timothy 1769

timothy 1769 New Member

At a minimum it was a bad marketing blunder. But I kind of doubt the devil would be stupid enough to label his own personal "evil bible" with a satanic symbol.

I actually own a NKJV. I use it to research all the ways our Bible has been corrupted, the many footnotes are great for that.

10. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just when you start to sound almost reasonable.... then this non-sense. :rolleyes:

11. LarryN

LarryN New Member

This thread reminds me of the time a KJVO-er tried to tell me that one of the reasons my NIV was "evil" was because it's published by Zondervan!
    Turns out, when we looked at the title page of his KJV, guess what company had published it?!
    (HINT: the name begins with a "Z".)

12. timothy 1769

timothy 1769 New Member

Well, you must admit Zondervan SOUNDS very evil...

13. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now your sounding reasonable again... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

You don't have alter-egos do you?

14. LarryN

LarryN New Member

LOL!!!

15. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

I wonder what Timothy has against the Dutch.

16. timothy 1769

timothy 1769 New Member

You found me out, a Dutchman murdered my father!

17. Spirit and Truth

Spirit and Truth New Member

John v said:

Spirit and Truth, the web site is not worth the bytes it's stored on.

S&T:

Did you decide that the whole site was invalid based on the one article?

18. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I decided the whole site was invalid based on the content of the whole site. This thread is on a specific topic, hence I posted information that contradicts the site's claims regarding the topic at hand.