1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NLTse Vs. KJV In The Book Of Job

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Rippon, Nov 22, 2008.

1. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well,I quoted 56 items from the KJV in the book of Job.The NKJV bears a similarity with 12 of them ( the ESV and NASU 8 or 9):3:23;19:22;19:28;24:1;29:16;31:16;31:35;33:16;34:20;36:30;37:7 and 41:18.

So even though the NKJV leans heavily on the KJV,it asserted its independence 81% of the time with respect to those references.In this regard the NKJV has shown a definite improvement over the KJV.

2. Baptist4life

Baptist4life Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You seem to be obsessed with all this! Does it really upset you this much that people still USE, and LIKE, and UNDERSTAND the KJV? My goodness, don't you have better things to do?

#22 Baptist4life, Nov 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2008
  3. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just reporting the facts.However, I think you are 'obsessed' with using the word 'obsessed'.

4. Baptist4life

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    With all your MV promoting, one would think you have STOCK in an MV publishing company or something! :laugh:

5. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have no objection if people use and like one of those KJV's.But I doubt that many really understand it as well as they claim.There is too much dense undergrowth which they would have to hack away at in order to determine what in the world the text actually means.

Oh my imputed righteousness!

6. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, one (namely you) would be wrong in harboring such an idea.

7. Baptist4life

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That was a JOKE, Rippon. Or was there "too much dense undergrowth which you had to hack away at in order to determine what in the world the text actually meant".

8. Baptist4life

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, it's just a perfectly good word to describe what you're doing with all these "KJV" posts! Is it too hard a word for you to understand? Is it too antiquated? Do people no longer use that word? Does the average non-Christian have trouble understanding that word if they were to read my post? Perhaps you could find another word that an MV would use, if that word makes it hard for you to understand? :laugh:

#28 Baptist4life, Nov 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2008
  9. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think the word 'obsessed' is a bit extreme.You're a new kid on the block here.On the subject of Bible translations I have not devoted my primary attention toward the defects of the KJV's.Go ahead and check out former threads I have started.See for yourself.

10. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I checked my MLB (although it doesn't have that much modern language).I counted 7 occasions where the wording was approximately the same as the KJV rendering :3:23;19:22;19:28;31:16;33:17;33:20 and 37:7.So one eighth of the time it echoed the KJV.Although the MLB is older than the NKJ,NASU and ESV I guess it is more modern after all.