1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured No adulterers in Heaven !

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by True Puritan, Dec 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh well thanks for being the savior of America we all needed you to take it upon yourself since no one is left but you and a few others like you. Can I join your little church there and will you ordain me to do what you are doing?

2. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

So you don't believe Jesus died for all sin and became the PROPITIATION for the sins of the World? 1 Jon 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the whole world.

So let me see all who believe on the Lord Jesus will be saved, does that mean adulterers. Now are you just excluding those who are divorced or does that include anyone who had premarital relations? 1 Corinthians 6:16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
    One flesh so you evidently believe that anyone who has relations outside of marriage cannot be saved, thus John 3:16 would be a kie wouldn't it? For God so loved the World t hat HE gave His only Begotten Son that whosoever believeth on Him shall not perish but have everlasting life,
    Instead by your belief it should read, For God so loved the World t hat HE gave His only Begotten Son that whosoever (except adulterers) believeth on Him shall not perish but have everlasting life,

Then to say adulterers can't be saved you must change what Jesus stated in John 10:
    27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
    28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
    29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
    30 I and my Father are one.
    Now this should read from your theory, "... they shall never perish (unless they commit adultery then they will perish) neither shall any man (except themselves if they commit adultery) pluck them out of my hand.

Every verse on Salvation must be changed to exclude the sinner who has committed certain sins not just adultery, other things are listed. The unbeliever will be condemned John 3:
    17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
    18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
    Not those who believe not are condemned not all who believe not and adulterers, those who commit a sin of this type or that, no those who are condemned are those who have not believed, but those who believed not condemned, Christ did not say those who believed (but the adulterer can't believe because he is condemned for committing Adultery) no HE that is GOD the SON the Supreme authority says that ALL WHO BELIEVE are NOT condemned.

3. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no such thing as a "Baptist denomination." All Baptist churches are independent by definition, or are not true Baptist churches. "The autonomy of the local church" is a Baptist distinctive.
    Are you saying all pastors? Baptist pastors? Who?

Rom. 14:4--"Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand."

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey, there's a hell fire damnation clique of Puritans/LSers on board here that should absolutely love you and that you seem ready made for. They should be searching you out!

#24 kyredneck, Dec 30, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) do you attend Andersons church
    2) A previous poster asked: do you have to work to keep your salvation
    3) what is a web pastor - who ordains you to be a web pastor

More questions, but on the way out the door to work

6. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I didn't listen to the videos, rather am taking issue with this statement and the use of Scriptures that do not support the statement.

There is only ONE determiner of heaven and hell.

IT IS NOT how "holy" a person is, or how "right with God" a person is rather it is in a single word.

BELIEF.

The rest is maturity and growth.

Folks do not be deceived into thinking that one will be condemned to the flames is condemned for any other reason than unbelief.

Such teaching is not according to Scriptures. Proverbs, Malachi, and Hebrews are each not supporting what the OP is attempting to put out as truth.

Do not take the above to think I am soft on divorce and remarriage. As others on this BB can attest I am often most stern in my remarks about the thinking that the marriage can be dissolved after consummation. But that isn't the intent of the op. Rather, it is condemning to the flames for a reason other than what is the actual teaching of Scriptures with which I take issue.

• Like Like x 3
  7. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

It seems that you too would be left out here is why, we see Romans 1:
    29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
    30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
    31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
    32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Notice Maliciousness, murderers (that can be murdering someones reputation), those who malign others, those who are whispers (that would be a gossiper), Backbiters are included, you make a railing accusation about Pastors who aren't like you that is backbiting, you have no way of knowing their heart. One other just might fit you here for you say " some individual preachers like me" that would make you "proud," and a "boaster" gee these are violation of what God intends for true Christians to be.

Then we see you just might be one that was warned of here:
    We see 1Peter 3:15-16
    15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
    16 Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.

You cannot tell if anyone on here has sanctified their heart, yet you just might be guilty of speaking evil of them, this again brings condemnation on those who falsely accuse others.

Finally we see that you just might be committing Several of the seven abomination which God hates:
    Proverbs 6:
    16 These six things doth the Lord hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
    17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
    18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
    19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

Now you tell me if these apply to you for I cannot judge your heart but I can see your words.

8. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

TruePuritan, don't attempt to explain things to folks who mock you. They know full well what a web pastor is just like they know what an open air evangelist is. Keep delivering the truth. It may not be palatable for some because it's now THEIR sin being called out. But deliver the truth in love.Thumbsup Some will still attempt to bite your head off though.

9. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

What makes an illegitimate marriage? One who had pre-marital relations became one flesh with that person and if anyone didn't marry that person does God still recognize the act in and of itself as a marriage? ! Corinthians 6:
    15 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.
    16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
    17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.
    18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.
    19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
    20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Notice verse 16, that would mean any type of marital relations make you one flesh with that person. So by what this teaching says no one who has ever had pre-marital relations is to be allowed fellowship in a church. Is that what you believe? No then is this before or after salvation? When did the relations happen, or do you believe noone who has ever committed adultery can go to heaven.

1 Corinthian 6 settles this,
    4 If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church.
    5 I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren?
    6 But brother goeth to law with brother, and that before the unbelievers.
    7 Now therefore there is utterly a fault among you, because ye go to law one with another. Why do ye not rather take wrong? why do ye not rather suffer yourselves to be defrauded?
    8 Nay, ye do wrong, and defraud, and that your brethren.
    9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
    10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
    11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Those who are truly saved and have committed the things listed ar Sanctified and Justified in the Name of The Lord Jesus and By the Spirit of our God. Notice something in the list which could possibly apply to you from this post "revilers". To revile is defined as " to assail with contemptuous or reproachful language; address or speak of abusively. Be careful how you speak of others as you need to ensure a clean heart as all do before making an accusation. You notice I carefully stated that you may be guilty of these not that you were. It seems to be that way but it might not be. However you do seem to miss the fact that some were at one time guilty but Paul said they were washed and sanctified and justified in the name of Jesus and by the Spirit. Forgiven even of adultery.

10. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

I hope it is okay to point his out to him just as you want yours pointed out to you. The truth in Love is we have all sinned and all come short of God's Glory, but through Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ we are all sinners saved by Grace.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Absolutely. But that DOES NOT mean we don't still call sin, sin. Now if it's the sin of killing babies or the homosexual offense, the political right that thinks that equals Biblical conservative, will be onboard pointing that out all day everyday.

But THIS subject steps on some of those toes so they must come up with reasons to dismiss what has been said.

12. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Joel Osteen might be seeking you out to be an office bearer in his mega church.
    he does not believe in Lordship,holiness ,or repentance either

13. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

So again back to my question when does it apply? Genesis 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh., Matthew 19:4-6,
    4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,
    5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?
    6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
    1 Corinthians 6:16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.

Now based on 1 Corinthians 6:16 should we ask people if they have had marital relations outside of marriage with someone else and therefore refuse them fellowship and refuse to marry them to the new person? They become one flesh not by some ceremony but by the act in and of itself. So Zaac should we extend fellowship to them and perform a marriage for them if they have ever had marital relations with a person who is not their currently desired mate? It is also made very clear marriage and marital relations are between a man and a woman so that is the only accepatable marriage by God.

14. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I think like most, you're overcomplicating things. Fornicating doesn't marry two people. If you're joined in marriage in the way that marriage is legally performed during THIS time in which you are living, that's the basis against which divorce is measured as we have to submit to the authorities which God has placed over us.

If there has been repentance for the fornication and the two are in Christ and walking in obedience, then extend fellowship and perform the marriage.

Thumbsup

15. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Yet now you seem to be doing what the OP states, you are not taking the Bible as written

16. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Please explain which part you think I'm not taking as written.

17. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

In the time Paul wrote the1 Corinthian passage and they had formal ceremonies yet he stated the two become one flesh as they commit the act

18. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

The Corinthian passage is very clear 6:16 they are one body and become one flesh, which constitutes a marriage in God's eyes

19. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if you completed this thought or not. But again, there was a way of performing a legal marriage back then. There is a way of performing a legal marriage today. Sex outside that legal marriage back then was fornication and it's the same today.

20. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Could you expound on the bolded section and how you reached that conclusion?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.