1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured No adulterers in Heaven !

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by True Puritan, Dec 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

And even with the legal way to perform a marriage in that day Paul wrote 1 Corinthians 6:16 and their bodies are one and they become one flesh just as other scripture defines marriage

2. True Puritan

True Puritan Psalm 5:5, 7:11 God hates sin and a sinner

Lord Jesus Christ died for God's elects. John 3:16. Only those who believe in Him and do His Father's Will, only those will be saved. Matthew 7:21. Christ works our Salvation, not us. If we put our trusts in good works, not in Jesus Who is Sacrifice for our sins, we surely will wound up in Hell. Grace is not a license to sin. Those who defend and justify their sins, those are damned to Hell.

3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

So how are you distinguishing between marriage and fornication?

4. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Guys who cannot make it as self-employed Consultants. *laugh*

5. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

As Christians we all sin but John said if we (that is believers) confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us (believers) our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. That restores our relationship our fellowship with Him first and foremost and with others secondly

6. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your willingness to use Our Lord's Name so flippantly discredits you.

I believe you to be a troll.

7. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Fornication is illicit relations the act by unmarried people therefore the act is fornication, once the act has occurred therefore the sin of fornication occurred the act of fornication and adultery constitute the people becoming one flesh. Adultery is the act by a married person with one whom they are not married

8. True Puritan

I don't attend his church. I just caught his video on YouTube, the one I shared here. I know street preachers, not this Steve. However, I know one big friend of mine named Steve. That Steve Drain, not Anderson.

9. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sounds like Westboro.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

So how again are you distinguishing between what you say above and
    because earlier, correct me if I'm mistaken, it seemed you were saying that because they had joined as one flesh/had sex, that they were Biblically married?

11. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

The act makes is a sin, correct? If the act itself is sin as with a harlot it must be confessed as sin, right? Paul says too that the act makes them one flesh one body which is what the bible says leaving and cleaving is, following so far? A marriage is the consent to become husband and wife no acknowledgement of a marital agreement but the act continuing make it a sin but the act according to Paul makes one body and one flesh in God's eyes

12. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The straight up Westboro member Steve Drain?

You might have nailed it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if you're doing a bad job of making your point or I'm just doing a bad job of understanding here. Biggrin
    Yes the act makes it a sin. But fornication...being joined as one flesh/having sex...does not equal Biblical marriage. Are you saying that being joined as one flesh equals Biblical marriage?O O

14. True Puritan

And remarriage for divorcees. Do we remember what John The Baptist said unto King Herod who took Herodias his alive brother's wife ?

15. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

That's pure adultery.

16. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You should add Matthew 5:31-32 to your list to teach that remarried people to to hell and harm the church. You need to keep reading and check out the next set of verses - 33 and 37.

Jesus, and his half brother, James, said we should not swear by anything or else we are condemned and that anything beyond a yes or a no is from the evil one.

James 5:12 - "Above all, my brothers and sisters, do not swear--not by heaven or by earth or by anything else. All you need to say is a simple "Yes" or "No." Otherwise you will be condemned."

Matthew 5:33-34 - ""Again, you have heard that the ancients were told, 'YOU SHALL NOT MAKE FALSE VOWS, BUT SHALL FULFILL YOUR VOWS TO THE LORD.'But I say to you, make no oath at all, either by heaven, for it is the throne of God, or by the earth, for it is the footstool of His feet, or by Jerusalem, for it is THE CITY OF THE GREAT KING. Nor shall you make an oath by your head, for you cannot make one hair white or black. But let your statement be, 'Yes, yes ' or 'No, no'; anything beyond these is of the evil one."

So, if by your own words, remarried people are going to hell, what about you? Your two oaths - according to the Bible have "condemned" you and are "from the evil one".

Are you going to be "banned" from heaven, too? Jesus spoke against divorce and using oaths back to back in the Sermon on the Mount.

17. True Puritan

You got it.

18. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

So then you see Rebecca and Isaac as committing an act of Fornication? There was no ceremony no formal marriage agreement. Yes a dowry was left but scripture states Genesis 24:67 And Isaac brought her into his mother Sarah's tent, and took Rebekah, and she became his wife; When and how did she become HIS WIFE? After he took her right?
    Was the act fornication or adultery? yet no ceremony took place but she consented to be his wife and he took her for his wife. Next we see Abraham, is Abraham in heaven or in Hell today? Christ spoke of Lazerus in the bosom of Abraham and that the rich man from Torments spoke across the great gulf fixed between the two. So Abraham is in Heaven and with God yet we have the illicit act of him going into Hagar and having Ishmael, so did he commit adultery with Hagar? Genesis states that Abraham had Concubines, and had sons by those concubines, Genesis 25 was that adultery or a marriage? Yet Abraham is in Heaven and will spend eternity with God.

19. True Puritan

So did Jesus warn in Matthew 19:9 that is being perverted and stumbled by today mainstream churches. Also warning for Gentile nations (not Jews unlike in Jewish Gospel by Matthew) in Mark 10:11-12 and in Luke 16:18. By Apostle Paul in Hebrews 13:4, and Paul's warning in general in 1 Corinthians 6:9-10. Adulterers who believe they are Christians are the same in war as so-called GLBT Christians. I had many time challenges with sodomites who say that they are saved.

20. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    TP, you are "big friends" with Steve Drain - new leader at Westboro?

That explains the scripture you put in your avatar and your condemning remarried people to hell. Rolleyes

Farewell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.