1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured No adulterers in Heaven !

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by True Puritan, Dec 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrotherJoseph

BrotherJoseph Well-Known Member

Haters. Have you never heard of their church? They are in the news constantly. I suggest you do a Google search of Westboro Primitive Baptist and see what comes up.

2. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What doctrine do they hold that is wrong?

3. BrotherJoseph

4. True Puritan

True Puritan Psalm 5:5, 7:11 God hates sin and a sinner

I don't think that WBC are haters and bigots. I examined their doctrines, and a lot of their statements are very right matching with KJV Bible's scripture one to one.

5. True Puritan

Wikipedia is a part of a mainstream Liberal politically correct propaganda media, that is run by Libtards of all kinds who slander lies against anyone who preach the Biblical Truth. Wiki is the same Satan's SNIP as Facebook and YouTube/Google. SNIP

6. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

So teaching that soldiers who die in combat go to hell is biblical? Please show chapter and verse for that

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. BrotherJoseph

Per Wikipedia
    "
    Westboro Baptist Church (WBC) is an unaffiliated Baptist church known for its hate speech, especially against LGBT people (homophobia), Jews (antisemitism), and politicians.[2][3] The church is categorized as a hate group[4] and is monitored as such by the Anti-Defamation League and the Southern Poverty Law Center. It was headed by Fred Phelps (although shortly before his death in March 2014, church representatives said that the church had not had a defined leader in "a very long time"),[5] and consists primarily of members of his extended family;[6] in 2011, the church stated that it had about 40 members.[1] The church is headquartered in a residential neighborhood on the west side of Topeka about three miles (5 km) west of the Kansas State Capitol. Its first public service was held on the afternoon of November 27, 1955.[7]

The church has been involved in actions against gay people since at least 1991, when it sought a crackdown on homosexual activity at Gage Park six blocks northwest of the church.[8] In addition to conducting anti-gay protests at military funerals, the organization pickets celebrity funerals and public events.[9] Protests have also been held against Jews and Catholics, and some protests have included WBC members stomping on the American flag and/or flying the flag upside down on a flagpole.

The WBC is not affiliated with any Baptist denomination, although it describes itself as following Primitive Baptist and Calvinist principles.[10] The Baptist World Alliance and the Southern Baptist Convention (the two largest Baptist denominations) have both denounced the WBC over the years.[11] In addition, other mainstream Christian denominations, such as the Methodist Church, Baptist Church, Reformed Church, and Evangelical Church have condemned the actions of the independent Westboro Baptist Church.[12"

I can't even post the link to their "church" as it has hate and profanity in it. See more info here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westboro_Baptist_Church

8. BrotherJoseph

Their url has the word hate in it. Jesus said to "love your enemies", do they fulfill this by loving both regenerate and unregenerate alike?

9. True Puritan

I don't agree with WBC on one thing that is protesting at dead soldiers funerals and shooting victims. This is only one thing on which I disagree with Westboro. Here God is the Judge, and it is His right to do His Judgment whether whom He punishes or spares.

10. BrotherJoseph

Do you think their "church" loves their enemies?

11. BrotherJoseph

If you wish to read the true doctrines of Predestinarian/Primitive Baptists, their historical writings, doctrines, etc. I suggest you read up here http://www.asweetsavor.info/

12. True Puritan

Yes, it is. But because we live in unholy world where Satan rules, here comes a repealing verse by Christ. " Don't marvel that I came to bring peace into this world. I didn't come to bring peace, but a sword." Yes, sword. In this world we need to wage wars with all the infidels, including even our family members.

13. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

How about protesting at the death of infants and saying those infants are in hell which btw contradicts scripture

14. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    True Puritan - you stated that you are King James only -
    Just curious - which version did the Puritans use ?

• Like Like x 2
  15. True Puritan

Preaching warnings to your neighbors that their rebellious sins like adultery, homosexuality, etc will take them to Hell, is a way of Love. If you don't worn your neighbor to repent and stop sinning, you hate your neighbor in your wicked heart.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. BrotherJoseph

I suggest you study this passage by Christ, "
    43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.

44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?

47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?" (Matthew 5:43-48)

Westboro does not practice this and Jesus said "ye shall know them by their fruits".

I suggest starting at that website link I previously gave you for real old school predestinarian doctrines. http://www.asweetsavor.info/ I am a baptized member and the church I am a member of was constituted by the first Primitive Baptist church in the United States Welsh Tract Baptist church in Delaware https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welsh_Tract_Baptist_Church

God bless you and I sincerely hope the Holy Spirit guide you to the truth.

#116 BrotherJoseph, Dec 30, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
  17. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Spiderman's pastor?

18. True Puritan

Internet (web) pastor. Not imaginary Spiderman. LOL !:)

19. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ...but you chose 'True Puritan' as a moniker.

You're no Primitive Baptist. The PBs in this area would exclude you as quick as they would an adulterer.

20. True Puritan

If I were an adulterer, I would be remarried to another woman and I wouldn't a servant of Christ. But likely a hypocrite on my way to Hell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.