1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured No Condemnation to those in Christ Jesus !

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by savedbymercy, Apr 17, 2012.

1. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I would like to see one quote from a person which has defended sin in their lives, just one. Of course, if you cannot provide one then it is you who has sin and must repent or go to hell (according to your own theology)

2. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

When one testifies they sin everyday, that is living proof they are defending their sin. It is obvious they are not seeking a solutuion, and as a fact we have been told that IF we would ever come to a place of holiness in our lives, that THAT would prove we are sinners! If that is not defending sin, making sin as normal as the air we breath and impossible to do away with as the natural color of ones skin, the Pope is not a Catholic.

I say that many on this list are not only defending sin, but make sin absoluely necessary to please God, for without sin we are sinning, remember?

#62 Heavenly Pilgrim, May 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2012
  3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

No, it means they are being honest with themselves and with God.
    The one who denies that they sin, calls Christ a liar and the truth is not in them according to 1John 1:8,10. I would rather fit into the former class than the latter.

4. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

What if one does not sin everyday? Should they lie about it and say they do so DHK won't call them a liar?

You are falsely applying verse 8 of 1John. It by no means implies or states that one either sins everyday or is a liar.

5. 12strings

12strings Active Member

I believe you are jumping to conclusions here. Testifying that one sins everyday does not necessarily equal defending sin. Is not admitting sin the essence of confession? Surely confession does not equal defending one's sin? Very much the opposite!

Even if your view is absolutely right, would it not be possible that a person saying they sin everyday is simply deceived, and that they do not actually sin everyday, but rather strive and press on not to sin, and yet they still believe that they sin everyday because of their "incorrect" teachers? Should you not seek merely to correct their biblical understanding of sin, rather than accuse them of defending sin, when in fact their intent is precisely the opposite: to confess their own sin?!

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I don't believe that "what if" exists here. I don't believe you can go through a day without sinning--not when you gather all the information there is in the Bible on sin.
    There are sins of omission.
    Sins of commission.
    And even sins of ignorance. And ignorance of the law is no excuse.

The closer one draws to God the more he can see his sinfulness. That, in part, is why Paul could say that he was the "chief of sinners." He walked very closely with God. The more light, the more responsibility. When we fail in our responsibility to God that also is sin. When we fail to love our neighbor as ourselves that is sin. When we fail to carry out the Great Commission that is sin. When we fail to love the Lord our God with all of hearts, souls, minds and strength, then that also is sin. Who among us, then, has not sinned on a daily basis?
    Do we pray, meditate on God's Word, be thankful in all things, rejoice evermore, --do these things all the time--for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus.
    Are we sometimes conformed to the world, when it specifically says "be not conformed to this world..."

It is impossible to be sinless even through one day.
    Do you bring absolutely every thought to captivity to Jesus Christ?
    Are you really sinless, even for one day. I think you would be sinning to say that you are.

7. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Where does the Bible say that? I do not recognize that as God’s Word.

Do you keep sinning the same sins repeatedly? Are there any sins that you really have given up?

8. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I believe when one gains the understanding of the Holiness of God they become acutely aware of their sinfulness and all it encompasses. I don't think HP nor Moriah fully understand what sin is. It is missing the mark which I confess that I do each day in some way.

9. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Can you show me where that is in the Bible in the New Testament? I do not recognize what you say as the Word of God. Can you show me where an Apostle said that to anyone?

Please show me that speech from any Apostle to a Christian. If you cannot find that in the Bible, will you repent of useless chatter?

10. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I think I explained my position very well using plenty of Scripture. Did you recognize the Scripture I used or do you want me to give you exact references?

11. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Show me the exact words you say here in the New Testament about Christians.

12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I did. It is here:
    http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=1844701&postcount=66

Apparently you don't understand the post, and neither would you want to answer it, would you? Follow the post through. Do you keep 100% the commands listed? If not then you don't live sinlessly do you?

13. Moriah

Moriah New Member

No, do not just give a link to what you say is the answer. Post the scripture here that says the closer we get to God the more sinful we see ourselves.

I am waiting for you to give that scripture, or repent for speaking man's rubbish wisdom.

14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

James 1:23-25 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was. But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

First, James is speaking to Christians only. This is not for the unsaved.
    Secondly, the word "glass" is the Old English word meaning "mirror."
    Hear James likens God's Word to a mirror. It is a foolish man who looks into the mirror in the morning, combs his hair, brushes his teeth, etc., and then walks away and forgets what he has done (what he looks like--hair combed?)
    It is a foolish man who reads God's Word and cannot apply it to himself. The Word of God is like a mirror reflecting ourselves, our image right back at us. The more we read it, the more we see of our own sinful selves. It tells us of our sin. The closer we draw nigh to God through the Word, the more we see the sin. The brighter the light in the bathroom, the easier it is to see the blemishes on your face as you look in the mirror. So it is in the Word of God, as it reflects those sins right back at you. God reveals our sins through His Word. If we can't see them then we are not reading His Word very much, or are not spending much time with him.

15. Moriah

Moriah New Member

No way have you quoted a scripture that says the closer we get to God the more sinful we see ourselves.

So, are you going to admit there is no such scripture?

16. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Have you found the scripture that says this yet?

You are not speaking the Word of God.

Isaiah 8:20 To the law and to the testimony! If they do not speak according to the word, they have no light of dawn.

17. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You demand New Testament scripture yet you like Isaiah when making your point. I like Isaiah also...

"Then said I, Woe [is] me! for I am undone; because I [am] a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts" (Is 6:5)

When you one day see the Holiness of God you too will understand what a sinful man you are.

18. Moriah

Moriah New Member

I say the New Testament because it is the New Covenant; it is about people who have the Spirit of God. Do you not understand why I said the New Testament? I knew you could not find a scripture that says what DHK and you say to HP and me. It just is not recognizable as God’s word what you two say because it is not.
    If you have the Spirit of God inside you, then speak to others as if you do.
    All readers need to know that DHK and you say things that are not Biblical.
    I know what a sinful person I was.
    God showed me His Power, Glory, and Love for me.
    I live through Jesus, and Jesus lives in me.

19. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You use the past tense: "was". What about the present tense, "am."
    What was John's reaction when he saw the Lord Jesus Christ?

Revelation 1:17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

So overcome with his own sense of sinfulness in the presence of the Lord Jesus Christ he fell down as one that was dead.

But Jesus reassured him, telling him to "fear not."

20. Moriah

Moriah New Member

I did not see Jesus, but he spoke to me. I speak about God's Truth because I wanted to help others to have what Jesus gave me. People are just too hateful and mean, and they do not want to see what the scriptures say.

As for what you say about John, do not add things the Bible does not say. The Word of God is better than our words.