1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured No Condemnation to those in Christ Jesus !

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by savedbymercy, Apr 17, 2012.

1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I don't add things. He had the same reaction that Isaiah had; the same that Ezekiel had; the same any person has who has any sense of the holiness of God. Of course if one has no sense of the holiness of God then they won't have any sense of their own sinfulness. The two go hand in hand.

2. Moriah

Moriah New Member

You did add.

3. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

All the Elect of God, those Chosen in Christ, the Beloeved, before the foundation of the world, even when they are being born into this world by Nature, the children of wrath as others, yet before the Throne of God, their Legal and Eternal Standing in the eyes of Divine Justice, they are Holy and without blame before Him, even unreprovable, for Christ's Sake ! Col 1:21-22

21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ALL of us who have been saved are commanded by Him to seek Holiness, and he has provided to us the Holy Spirit to enable us to live for Christ as he desires us too...

BUT

While here on this earth, in the flesh, we ALL still have sin principle at work in our bodies, so our new natures want to please God and obey, but still have rebellious side to deal with!

ONLY way to hold as you do is either to say we have no longer old sin nature to deal with, or else have attained a state of sinless perfection!

5. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    have to ask that to either isaiah or John, BOTH were well aware of their sins before Holy God!

6. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Quote exactly from the Bible. Quote exactly where it says, "the closer we get to the Lord, the more sins we see in ourselves."

When people easily say things that the Bible does NOT say, the easier it is for people to accept false doctrines.

How much do you fear God? We are told not to lean to the left or to the right of God's word. Do you understand what that means?

7. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Are you a conqueror in Christ?

Do you obey everything that God says?

God says to hate what is evil.

If you practice hating what is evil until you actually hate what is evil, then you will be blessed.

Imagine you speaking to Paul, Peter, or any of the other Apostles the way you do to those who only say what they say.

What do you think Jesus would like you to know about your defeatist attitude toward sin?

What do you think Jesus would say to you for speaking to people who are only trying to teach obedience to Jesus so that you can get closer to Him?

8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I want you to quote each of the above statements word for word from the Bible. Otherwise your teaching is not from God. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

9. 12strings

12strings Active Member

A few verse from 1 Corinthians:

So here's the description of the people in this passage:

1. Holy, God's temple, God's field, God's building, infants in christ, those who will be saved, though as through fire.
    2. BUT ALSO...fleshly, not spiritual, full of jealousy and strife, behaving only in a human way, not ready to recieve spiritual solid food.

-Sounds like we have some (new covenant, by the way) Christians in Corinth who have some sin problems!

-Yet Paul also said this in chapter 1:

-Sounds like Paul thought he was speaking to some bonafide Christians...albeit fleshly, drunken, jealous, "tolerant of sexual immorality" Christians!

10. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

In Christ by Election !

There is never no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus !

And those Christ died for are first and foremost in Him By Election ! Eph 1:4

Before the world was made God sovereignly chose a people to be his own. And the eternal Persons of the holy Trinity entered into a covenant of salvation, a solemn agreement and covenant of grace, securing by Divine oath the salvation of that elect multitude.

Paul also has this Election in Mind when he wrote the theesalonians 2 Thess 2:13-14

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

14 Whereunto he called you [The Chosen] by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

11. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And placing faith in jesus gets them all of that, as no faith in christ, no salvation from God!

12. Moriah

Moriah New Member

I can get you the scripture for everything I said here, but you cannot get a scripture for your teachings. I can show you scriptures that say exactly what I say.

Show me a scripture that says the closer we get to the Lord the more sins we see in ourselves.

Show me a scripture that says the repenting we do is not a repentance that means to be sorry for sins and the desire to turn from them. LOL

Show me a scripture that says it is impossible to not sin even for a day.

Those are things YOU said; now show me those exact words in the Bible, or confess that you speak things that are NOT biblical.

13. Moriah

Moriah New Member

There is no scripture that says what some of you here teach, that no one can even go one day without sinning.

Give me that scripture! LOL If you do not give me that one scripture that says that, will you stop preaching it as if it the Word of God?

14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I doubt that. Your religion is based on works, a denial of Eph.2:8,9, and that is heresy.
    I did. The obstinate refuse the truth no matter how much it is given to them.
    1. James 1:23-25 clearly teaches this truth, but you refused its teaching.
    2. Isa.6:1-8 teaches the same truth with Isaiah's response to the Lord, but you denied this as well.
    3. John, in the first chapter of Revelation, also teaches the same truth as he responded to the Lord. But you rejected the truth there as well.
    I have news for you. Paul was one of the most educated people on the earth during his time. But with all of his education, even Paul did not know a language that did not exist--English! I am sorry to break this news to you Moriah, but Paul did not use the KJV!
    Therefore we do not use an English dictionary. We use a Greek one to find out the meaning of words. The Greek word for repent means: "a change of mind." That is simple isn't it? Theologically it means:
    Repentance is a change of mind in one's attitude toward God.
    For example: When one trusts Christ as His Savior there is a change of attitude. Once his attitude toward God was in a state of rebellion; now it is in a state of submission. That is repentance--a change of attitude toward God. It is not feeling sorry for one's sins.
    Where do I get that from? That is what the Greek word means.
    I already did. I gave you plenty of Scripture. See my previous post. It was laden with Scripture.
    I asked you first.

15. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

In Christ legally !

In order for Christ to have redeemed the Elect, their had to be a legal Union in Christ !

Acts 20:28

28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

The Elect were in Christ legally when He died, so they actually by Purpose and representatively died when He died 2 Cor 5:14

14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:

The all were dead because they all died together with Him that died for them. Paul said it well of himself, but it applies to the redeemed Church Gal 2:20

20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

The word with is the greek word syn and A primary preposition denoting union

This makes it clear that the Elect were in Christ, in Union with Him when He was Crucified for their sins !

If in Christ, they could not be condemned !

16. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Until they palce faith in him, NOT in union with him, as ONLY by faith will the Holy Spirit bring them at that time into a union with Christ!

17. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Crucified with Christ !

It is because of union with Christ, which the Church had with her Federal Head, Jesus Christ, before they believed, scripture states that they were crucified with Him, risen with Him, and made to sit together with Him in heavenly places, for these are Truths of scripture.

Rom 6:8

Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

Gal 2:20

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Note, Everyone Christ died for, He gave himself for, and they were crucified with him in the Divine Purpose of God !

Rom 6:4

Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

This verse promises the New Birth of all who died with Christ and was buried with Him !

Col 2:12

Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

This being raised with Him also ensures the New Birth. The word risen here is the greek word synegeirō and means:

to raise together, to cause to raise together

2) to raise up together from mortal death to a new and blessed life dedicated to God

And egeirō does mean :

to raise up i.e. cause to be born

Thats the same doctrine Peter teaches about the resurrection of Christ 1 Pet 1:3

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

It causes us to be born again by the Spirit, to a new and blessed life dedicated to the Will of God !. These are sure blessings from God through Jesus Christ, because of our Union with Him, if we be of the election of grace !

18. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Its the basis of salvation, but ONLY happens to us once place faith in christ!